Guest Column: 2016 Resolutions with a Twist: Joseph George
Joseph George Regional President, South & Southeast Asia, Group CEO India Mullen Lowe Lintas gives us 18 resolutions for 2016 but with a twist
Joseph George Regional President, South & Southeast Asia, Group CEO India, Mullen Lowe Lintas gives us 18 resolutions for 2016 but with a twist. From ‘Getting in shape’ translating to cutting down on overstaffing at agencies to Knowing your worth’ being getting over awkwardness and asking clients for money; unlike customary resolutions these unique 2-in-1 resolutions work for agency folks as effectively ‘at home and at work’.
1. Get in shape: The tantalizing myth of “dad bods” aside, flab is not fab. Cut it. Every agency is 25% over staffed. At least.
2. Stop procrastinating: You snooze, you lose. “Speed kills”, is true only while driving.
3. Stop being your biggest fan: However much in love you are with your type, hire different, not your clone.
4. Know your worth: Get over your awkwardness to ask clients for more money. Even your clients are beginning to wonder by now.
5. Be more polite: It is easy, it is rewarding. Try it. It runs the risk however, of becoming a habit.
6. Do good: Working on your client’s CSR initiatives, nor making a moving 4 minute film on a brand you manage will absolve you and your agency from having to make your own contribution.
7. Sleep better: My undisputed No:1 indicator of success and happiness. Let go, be the bigger person, applaud colleagues and competition - they are all soothing and therapeutic.
8. Find yourself someone: More than one if need be. Collaborate. We are bang in the middle of a shared world economy.
9. Face your fears: With delusional egos in agencies, this can be tough. But if there was any time for agencies to be doing this, it is now.
10. Respect your wins: Give yourself credit - not all success is fluke! So, learn from successes as much as you learn from failures.
11. Style up: Agency folks have just let themselves go on this. And psssst…. style is not the enemy of casual. Not in any book.
12. Watch less TV: Your consumers have begun to. Yes, the nation wants to know, but they are today seeking it from everywhere!
13. Family first: Besides worrying about your client’s fame and his resume, care for your own colleagues’ too. C’mon you can do it.
14. Learn something new: Interesting people just make for better colleagues, supervisors, subordinates and client partners. Do them and yourself a favour.
15. Organize your life: Use your IT folks beyond requesting for devices and toners for your printers.
16. Travel more: The frogs in the well did not get any wiser nor got kissed.
17. Move on: Don’t stalk, envy or voodoo doll your ex agency or your ex client. They have moved on. May I suggest, you do too. Now.
18. Un-philistine: Being interested in, and knowing art, music and culture is an agency job requirement. Not an interesting quirk.
Read more news about (internet advertising India, internet advertising, advertising India, digital advertising India, media advertising India)For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube