BIG Magic Bihar and Jharkhand rebrands as BIG Magic Ganga
The channel attempts to enhance authentic regional flavour through locally shot programs, derived from local insights like 'establishing self-identity' and 'preserving local culture'
BIG Magic Bihar and Jharkhand, the flagship regional entertainment channel from the Reliance Broadcast Network stable re-christens itself to ‘BIG Magic Ganga.’ With this move, the channel attempts to enhance authentic regional flavour through locally shot programs, derived from local insights like ‘establishing self-identity’ and ‘preserving local culture’.
The name Ganga emerged after a focused qualitative study, group discussions and expert interviews undertaken by research agency Dragon Fly, which tested several options for names as well as channel positioning in the market. With the name ‘Ganga’ emerging the winner, the channel will serve clean, value oriented but modern and variety filled entertainment which celebrates the region’s culture. Ensuring regional flavour in BIG Magic Ganga’s look and feel, the formation of the logo of Ganga and the channel packaging is also derived from the region, which sees the amalgamation of the rising sun, the placid flow of the Ganga and the Madhubani paintings.
The channel also sets up the first ever production unit in the city of Patna, which will help nurture local talent, while delivering credible and engaging content to audiences. The channel in the region already controls a 31% market share as compared to closest competitor with 25% share, (CS 15-44 SEC ABC Females for Bihar and JHK market, TAM week 25-31.) and with this move, it further extends reach to newer geographies with its presence in the Purvanchal region(East Uttar Pradesh). The new name is accompanied with a revamp of the channel’s logo and packaging.
BIG Magic Ganga will feature locally shot programming, delivering a family viewing experience with its content mix that encompasses crime, reality, music, devotion, movies and mythology.
Key shows pegged on locally identifiable issues like religion, crime and women’s emancipation include:
• Police Files – An enactment of real life crime incidents of the region, this show creates awareness, while contributing towards change for a positive and progressive society. Recently launched latest season of Police Files with the message ‘Soch badlo, samaaj badlega,’encouraging society to take preventive action against crime.
• Big Memsaab – A platform allowing for the pillar of the household - the women, to come forward and showcase their talent.
• Big Bahuria – Reality bytes between the daughters-in- law and the mothers-in-law from the region touches upon the camaraderie of family members with the bahu, peppered with conversations and games.
• Vishwas Se Upar Aastha – fictional stories which showcase the power of the faith in individuals, which help them combat some of life’s biggest challenges.
• Family Talkies – A Bhojpuri movie band for family viewing.
Tarun Katial, CEO, Reliance Broadcast Network said, “BIG Magic Ganga delivers to audiences an authentic, highly engaging entertainment destination which has made it the No. 1 Channel of the region. Our production set up in Patna is part of our long-term commitment to grow this regional market while creating excellent opportunities to hone skills of local talent. With this re-branding exercise, we consolidate our position, strengthen our hold, and cement our leadership position in the region. It remains our endeavour to offer audiences exceptional television engagement, and marketers a great platform to ride on.”
Recognizing the high affinity for this rich regional content amongst the large migratory population across the country, the channel has recently inked distribution deals with national DTH platforms like Reliance Digital TV, Dish TV and Airtel Digital TV.For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube