How do Cannes Lions winners work differently to drive growth?
Marc de Swaan Arons, Founder, EffectiveBrands and Frank Cooper III, CMO, PepsiCo delve into consumer insights, brand purpose & consumer engagement programmes that lead to brands' success at Cannes Lions
Over the years, there have been several brands that made a mark at Cannes Lions with their campaigns and marketing strategies.
Analysing what has been different about brands that have made a mark at Cannes Lions, such as Dove, Nike and Pepsi, Marc de Swaan Arons, Founder, EffectiveBrands delved into consumer insights, brand purpose and consumer engagement programmes that led to the success of these brands.
Arons presented a framework for brands wanting to achieve this success, which had at its core –
He said that these are the core values around which brands should inspire, connect with consumers, focus, organise and build their brands.
Frank Cooper III, Chief Marketing Officer, PepsiCo shared the ongoing journey of transforming the brand. He also spoke about the ongoing marketing transformation and how Pepsi is working differently internally as well as with its creative partners to drive winning marketing programmes.
Key pointers for marketers and agency leaders:
• Brands that over-perform on the revenue front are the ones who invest heavily on training their people
• Mobile today is the most intimate screen for a consumer
• We can’t engage with consumers unless we live in their world
• The whole dilemma of generalists Vs specialists is dissolving; today, people with broad lateral thinking are required
• Nobody can do it alone, embrace new forms of collaboration. How you are changing as a brand depends on how you are able to get your agencies to work together effectively; orchestrating collaboration between the agencies is key.
Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube