Home >> International >> Article

WPP to raise its stake in Equus to 45%

06-February-2002
Font Size   16
WPP to raise its stake in Equus to 45%

WPP Group plc plans to raise its stake in Suhel Seth-promoted Equus Advertising Company Limited from 30 per cent to 45 per cent.

The move is expected to consolidate WPP’s grip over the Indian advertising industry. The firm already has, directly or indirectly, financial interests in Ogilvy & Mather (O&M), Contract, Everest and Rediffusion-DY&R, Quadra Advisory, IMRB and IPAN.

Equus has an annual billing of over Rs 60 crore. In the existing paid up equity capital of Equus, WPP has a 30 per cent stake. Seth and his brother, Swapan, hold the remaining 70 per cent.

Source: Business Standard

Stuart Bowden talks about purchase journey, the revised version of Cannes Lions, Wavemaker India’s performance and a lot more

Emery says everything that Unilever CMO Keith Weed says has a touch of genius. He also talks about his expectations from Cannes, WPP without Sir Martin Sorrell and his love for Mindshare India.

In an interaction with exchange4media, PC Musthafa, CEO & Co-Founder iD Fresh Food shares how the brand deals with competition and marketing strategies followed by them.

Varun Raina, Marketing Manager, Airbnb India speaks to exchange4media about the successful #LiveThere campaign and how Bollywood helps them connect with its young consumer

right
left
EXCHANGE4MEDIA’S LOUDEST.IN HOSTS INAUGURAL EDITION OF MUSIC INC. IN MUMBAI EMINENT JURY CONGREGATES TO PICK IMPACT’S 40UNDERFORTY ACHIEVERS PORTER PRIZE & INSTITUTE FOR COMPETITIVENESS RECOGNIZE STRATEGIC ACUMEN IN COMPANIES DELHI AD CLUB-SAARC AWARDS 2018 RECOGNIZE EXCELLENCE ACROSS CREATIVE, MEDIA & DIGITAL AGENCIES BSNL & CALL2ACTION COMMUNICATION INDIA LAUNCH MOBILE ADVERTISING PLATFORM, INFOMO IN NEW DELHI CHILDREN’S RIGHTS ACTIVIST KAILASH SATYARTHI LAUNCHES BOOK ‘EVERY CHILD MATTERS’ SENIOR JOURNALIST VIJAY TRIVEDI LAUNCHES BOOK ‘YADA YADA HI YOGI’ BASED ON YOGI ADITYANATH EMINENT JURY CONGREGATES TO PICK IMPACT’S 40UNDERFORTY ACHIEVERS PORTER PRIZE & INSTITUTE FOR COMPETITIVENESS RECOGNIZE STRATEGIC ACUMEN IN COMPANIES DELHI AD CLUB-SAARC AWARDS 2018 RECOGNIZE EXCELLENCE ACROSS CREATIVE, MEDIA & DIGITAL AGENCIES MARK TULLY, OTHER JOURNALISTS HONOURED BY MUMBAI PRESS CLUB AT ANNUAL REDINK AWARDS TALENTED YOUNGSTERS GET TO PRESENT THEIR WORK BEFORE STALWARTS IN THE AD INDUSTRY INDIA RADIO FORUM 2018 RECOGNIZES EXCELLENCE IN RADIO INDUSTRY OFF THE CUFF HAS JOURNALIST ARUN SHOURIE IN CONVERSATION WITH SHEKHAR GUPTA IN MUMBAI IAA HOSTS FIRST INDIAA REGIONAL AWARDS (TELUGU) IN HYDERABAD BREAK THE CEILING TOUCH THE SKY 2018 SEES OVERWHELMING INDUSTRY PARTICIPATION 10TH EDITION OF ABC EUREKA AWARDS IN MUMBAI CELEBRATES WORK OF PARTNER AGENCIES EMINENT JURY PICKS LOUDEST’S 100 MOST POWERFUL INDIAN MUSIC BUSINESS LEADERS MODE LOFT BY SABGROUP LAUNCHES SIGNATURE MENSWEAR POWER DRESSING CLOTHING LINE TOP MARKETERS DISCUSS ART AND SCIENCE OF EFFECTIVE LISTENING @PITCH CMO SUMMIT 2018, DELHI

A total of 183 advertisements were picked up by ASCI’s Suo Moto surveillance

Communication experts say that the recent Airtel controversy on Twitter is a lesson for consumer-facing brands to rejig their customer support and make it more apt for social media

The movie has been trashed by critics and movie-goers alike. We find out how this dents the brands associated with the movie.