Final countdown begins for IPOY, 2012!
Award ceremony to felicitate the winner out of six eminent nominees will be held in Mumbai on December 21
Published - Dec 17, 2012 6:37 PM Updated: Dec 17, 2012 6:37 PM
Come December 21, and all eyes will be on the winner of this year’s IMPACT Person of the Year (IPOY) award. Each year, the award is given to a person or group of persons who have made maximum impact on and influenced the industry through their contributions to the media, marketing and advertising world.
Nominations are based on a person’s substantial contribution to his/ her own business as well as industry bodies and the possibility of practices adopted by him/ her having far-reaching effects in the foreseeable future. The esteemed nominees for this year’s Impact Person of the Year award are:
1. Ambika Soni – Until recently Union Cabinet Minister for Information & Broadcasting, Soni is credited with pushing the agenda for digitisation of television in India, and finally making it official, with definite deadlines.
2. Man Jit Singh – Heading one of India’s largest broadcasting companies – Multi Screen Media (MSM) – CEO Man Jit Singh is the brain behind the revival of Sony Entertainment Television (SET).
3. Punit Goenka – Managing Director and CEO of Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL), Goenka has been instrumental in steering the ZEEL empire to international markets and new frontiers of success and profitability.
4. Sanjay Gupta – Gupta, CEO of Jagran Prakashan Limited (JPL), is whole-time Director and Editor of Dainik Jagran, arguably one of the world’s largest read dailies. He has been expanding the group’s portfolio of profit-making newspapers with great success.
5. Vikram Sakhuja – Sakhuja, CEO-designate of Maxus Worldwide, is the first India-based CEO of a global media agency, and his appointment is seen as a landmark development for the media agency business in India.
6. Vineet Jain – Vineet Jain is the Managing Director of Bennett, Coleman & Co, and is the group’s chief strategist, marketing visionary and editorial architect, credited with rapidly expanding it into new arenas and revamping the group’s stable of daily newspapers into cutting-edge brands.
Started in 2005, the first IPOY award was given to the then CEO of STAR India Network, Peter Mukerjea, followed by Editor-in-Chief of CNN IBN, Rajdeep Sardesai in 2006. Dr Vijay Mallya, Chairman, UB Group, received the award in 2007, while two concurrent awards were given in 2008 to Raghav Bahl, Founder of Network18 and Lalit Modi, then IPL Commissioner. Rajesh Kamat, CEO of CA Media and Uday Shankar, CEO of Star India, won IPOY awards in 2009 and 2010, respectively. Last year too, two people were honoured with the IPOY award - advertising genius Agnello Dias of TapRoot India and the then Group CEO of Network18 & Viacom18, Haresh Chawla.
Wait and watch to see who emerges winner this year.For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube