The first three weeks of IPL have been on a roll from both a cricketing stand point as well as the action in social media.
Just like Twitter did during CWC15, it has compiled a list of the top brands on this IPL. Using an aggregate of Re-Tweets, Favourites and Replies, the site has created a Twitter IPL Advertiser Index to acknowledge the top 5 brands that have excelled in the opening weeks of the tournament.
The eighth season of the Indian Premier League (IPL) is still topping the Twitter charts in its third week with over 43 million live impressions.
Here is a list of the top 5 brands that trended on Twitter:
1. @VodafoneIn - Vodafone has gained a lot of momentum in the first two weeks of IPL, through a contest called #VodafoneSpeedQuiz . With tickets to matches up for grab, the brand has been able to generate a lot of buzz through this campaign. The contest is a smart way for the brand to build equity on Faster Speeds which is core of their new campaign #SpeedIsGood.
2. @HotStarTweets - The Twitter account for Star's Hotstar.com, @HotStarTweets generated a lot engagement around content based on updates from the games, teaser questions, trivia and a competition offering @IPL tickets. @HotStarTweets is looking to take the platform's content digital to greater users and been able to engage with the online Twitter user using the most topical bits of content.
3. @KingFisherWorld - The official handle of the good times this @IPL; Kingfisher's campaign idea is 'Divided by teams, United by Kingfisher'. With this they aim to bring the followers of all the IPL teams together on a common platform to celebrate and express their love for the game. They are also team sponsors for many IPL teams and it's refreshing to see some great behind the scenes content from these teams which @KingfisherWorld is sharing as well. The big hashtag this IPL for Kingfisher has been #UnitedByGoodTimes. This week the first preview of the new Kingfisher TVC was revealed online with the hashtag #OoLaLaLaLeO.
4. @FreeCharge - Freecharge is engaging users with a prediction contest this IPL with prizes up for grabs. Users are asked to predict outcomes of the game; a conversation that many users are more than happy to engage in.
5. @OlaCabs - Ola is the official cab partner for five of the @IPL's teams: Chennai Super Kings (@ChennaiIPL), Mumbai Indians (@mipaltan) , Kings XI Punjab (@lionsdenkxip) , Rajasthan Royals (@rajasthanroyals), Sunrisers Hyderabad (@SunRisers). With every Match, users stand a chance to win two FREE tickets to the match from the “Ola app” through the ‘Hit the Match Day’ Icon. The brand is building excitement and is increasing engagement around this contest which is creating a good amount of buzz. They are promoting this activity by using the hashtag #ChaloNiklo