Top Story

Home >> Media-TV >> Article

Sangeet Bangla optimistic about its popularity

03-June-2005
Font Size   16
Sangeet Bangla optimistic about its popularity

Sangeet Bangla, a 24-hour Bengali music channel from the house of Sri Venkatesh Films (Kolkata), is optimistic about its popularity.

The channel was launched on April 14, 2005. With Sangeet Bangla, Sri Venkatesh Films (Kolkata ) has made its first venture into television. It is mainly into film production and distribution. Choker Bali, Raincoat, Sathi being some of their recent productions from the house.

The channel caters mainly to the Bengali audience. It also attempts to capture the youth audience. And, according to Mahendra Soni, one of the directors of the channel, “We aim to become MTV or Channel V in Bengali.”

The channel airs 80 per cent of sounds and videos in Bengali and the remaining 20 per cent in Hindi. Apart from film song-based programmes, ‘Metro Music’ features non-filmi songs, while ‘Kabir Pronam’ pays tribute to Tagore. ‘Tollywood Reporter’ takes the viewers behind the scenes of Tollywood giving sneak previews and star interviews.

Interestingly, Tara Bangla has also launched a dedicated music channel ‘Tara Muzik’ in February 2005. According to Suprotim Mukherjee, PR Consultant to Tara, the two channels have their own separate niches.

Though Sangeet Bangla had a low-profile beginning, Soni is optimistic about it gaining popularity. “I think we have started on an unique concept in Bengal, which is known for its love for music. I think we will win the hearts of every Bengali .”

Tags

Varun Raina, Marketing Manager, Airbnb India speaks to exchange4media about the successful #LiveThere campaign and how Bollywood helps them connect with its young consumer

Tim Castree is all praises for his team in India and trusts it to be a result of “an excellent execution of agency’s global strategy” headed by Kartik Sharma

Siddharth Dabhade says Criteo’s technology allows brands to engage with shoppers, create relevant experience on retail apps, thereby driving sales and profits

Shantanu Gangane says OTT platform Viu plans around 20+ originals and is all set to enter the Tamil market with a mix of syndicated and original content

right
left
BREAK THE CEILING TOUCH THE SKY 2018 SEES OVERWHELMING INDUSTRY PARTICIPATION 10TH EDITION OF ABC EUREKA AWARDS IN MUMBAI CELEBRATES WORK OF PARTNER AGENCIES EMINENT JURY PICKS LOUDEST’S 100 MOST POWERFUL INDIAN MUSIC BUSINESS LEADERS MODE LOFT BY SABGROUP LAUNCHES SIGNATURE MENSWEAR POWER DRESSING CLOTHING LINE TOP MARKETERS DISCUSS ART AND SCIENCE OF EFFECTIVE LISTENING @PITCH CMO SUMMIT 2018, DELHI THIRD SEASON OF ‘INDIA’S TOP DIGITAL PLANNERS’ RECOGNIZES EXCELLENCE IN THE DIGITAL INDUSTRY WOMEN ECONOMIC FORUM 2018 SEES DISTINGUISHED GLOBAL PERSONALITIES IN ATTENDANCE PEPPER CREATIVE AWARDS 2018 RECOGNIZE THE BEST IN ADVERTISING IN SOUTH INDIA RADIO CITY’S POWER OF RADIO MEET HOSTS TOP ADVERTISING INDUSTRY LEADERS TOP INDUSTRY PERSONALITIES ATTEND ZOOM-MYNTRA EVENING TO CELEBRATE THEIR PARTNERSHIP LEADING MARKETERS, EXPERTS SHARE INSIGHTS ON DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION @ADOBE SYMPOSIUM IN MUMBAI NICKELODEON TRADE PARTY SEES MARKETING INDUSTRY LEADERS AND THEIR FAMILIES IN ATTENDANCE GOLDEN MIKES RADIO ADVERTISING AWARDS 2018 RECOGNIZE INDUSTRY’S MOST DESERVING ACHIEVERS AIMA MANAGING INDIA AWARDS HONOUR THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY BW BUSINESSWORLD’S GREAT INDIA DEBATE BRINGS TOGETHER INTELLECTUALS ACROSS INDUSTRY SECTORS BW BUSINESSWORLD SMART CITIES CONCLAVE PATNA 2018 SEES EMINENT INDUSTRY LEADERS IN ATTENDANCE EMINENT JURY PICKS WINNERS OF GOLDEN MIKES RADIO ADVERTISING AWARDS MADDYS 2018 SEE TOP ADVERTISING AND MARKETING INDUSTRY LEADERS IN ATTENDANCE LOKMAT MAHARASHTRIAN OF THE YEAR AWARDS 2018 RECOGNIZE EXCEPTIONAL TALENT CNBC-TV18’S INDIA BUSINESS LEADER AWARDS HONOUR HIGH-ACHIEVERS, OUTSTANDING LEADERS AND TOP VISIONARIES

Gaurav Dua, Executive Director, Relaxo Footwears talks to exchange4media about the brand's re-branding, marketing strategy, future plans and much more

The brand through its campaign is helping Indian professionals imbibe the new work-culture while making an effortless style statement at their workplace

In this campaign, the brand MRF tyres intends to communicate their proposition of 'comfort made more comfortable'