Top Story

Home >> Media-Radio >> Article

RAM shows high SEC-A share; Delhi has more young listeners and high fragmentation

05-November-2007
Font Size   16
RAM shows high SEC-A share; Delhi has more young listeners and high fragmentation

The Radio Audience Measurement (RAM) has taken a closer look at the radio medium and divulged various insights on the listener behaviour and the changes in the medium depending on the city.

The age profiles across cities show that the lowest TG on radio, in any city, is the 20-24 year age group. In Mumbai, this TG only has a 16 per cent share, in Delhi it is 15 per cent, while in Bangalore it is 13 per cent. However, at 25 per cent, Delhi has the highest share of the 25-34 year old listeners. In comparison to this, Mumbai has the highest number of 45 yrs+ listeners, who form 24 per cent of the market’s total listenership, and 25 per cent of Bangalore’s total listenership, too, is in the 45+ age group.

Fragmentation seems to be a problem with radio as well. RAM data suggests that more the number of stations in a city, more is the fragmentation there. In Mumbai, the top three stations contribute to 54 per cent of the city’s listenership and the other seven stations have only 46 per cent. In Bangalore, which has nine stations in all, the top three contribute to 61 per cent listenership, however, in Delhi, the top three stations have only 45 per cent share, while the rest 55 per cent is with the eight other players in the market, making Delhi the most fragmented radio market.

The socio-economic profiling indicates that Delhi also seems to have the highest proportion of the SEC-A universe. Where Mumbai has a 20 per cent share of this segment and Bangalore has 28 per cent, Delhi has as much as 40 per cent listeners in the SEC-A.

Radio seems to the male medium. The gender-wise universe suggests that in all the three markets, there are more male radio listeners than female. The gap is the highest in Mumbai, where the male 12+ share is 57 per cent of the total pie. In Delhi, it is 56 per cent and in Bangalore it is 53 per cent.

Stuart Bowden talks about purchase journey, the revised version of Cannes Lions, Wavemaker India’s performance and a lot more

Emery says everything that Unilever CMO Keith Weed says has a touch of genius. He also talks about his expectations from Cannes, WPP without Sir Martin Sorrell and his love for Mindshare India.

In an interaction with exchange4media, PC Musthafa, CEO & Co-Founder iD Fresh Food shares how the brand deals with competition and marketing strategies followed by them.

Varun Raina, Marketing Manager, Airbnb India speaks to exchange4media about the successful #LiveThere campaign and how Bollywood helps them connect with its young consumer

right
left
EXCHANGE4MEDIA’S LOUDEST.IN HOSTS INAUGURAL EDITION OF MUSIC INC. IN MUMBAI EMINENT JURY CONGREGATES TO PICK IMPACT’S 40UNDERFORTY ACHIEVERS PORTER PRIZE & INSTITUTE FOR COMPETITIVENESS RECOGNIZE STRATEGIC ACUMEN IN COMPANIES DELHI AD CLUB-SAARC AWARDS 2018 RECOGNIZE EXCELLENCE ACROSS CREATIVE, MEDIA & DIGITAL AGENCIES BSNL & CALL2ACTION COMMUNICATION INDIA LAUNCH MOBILE ADVERTISING PLATFORM, INFOMO IN NEW DELHI CHILDREN’S RIGHTS ACTIVIST KAILASH SATYARTHI LAUNCHES BOOK ‘EVERY CHILD MATTERS’ SENIOR JOURNALIST VIJAY TRIVEDI LAUNCHES BOOK ‘YADA YADA HI YOGI’ BASED ON YOGI ADITYANATH EMINENT JURY CONGREGATES TO PICK IMPACT’S 40UNDERFORTY ACHIEVERS PORTER PRIZE & INSTITUTE FOR COMPETITIVENESS RECOGNIZE STRATEGIC ACUMEN IN COMPANIES DELHI AD CLUB-SAARC AWARDS 2018 RECOGNIZE EXCELLENCE ACROSS CREATIVE, MEDIA & DIGITAL AGENCIES MARK TULLY, OTHER JOURNALISTS HONOURED BY MUMBAI PRESS CLUB AT ANNUAL REDINK AWARDS TALENTED YOUNGSTERS GET TO PRESENT THEIR WORK BEFORE STALWARTS IN THE AD INDUSTRY INDIA RADIO FORUM 2018 RECOGNIZES EXCELLENCE IN RADIO INDUSTRY OFF THE CUFF HAS JOURNALIST ARUN SHOURIE IN CONVERSATION WITH SHEKHAR GUPTA IN MUMBAI IAA HOSTS FIRST INDIAA REGIONAL AWARDS (TELUGU) IN HYDERABAD BREAK THE CEILING TOUCH THE SKY 2018 SEES OVERWHELMING INDUSTRY PARTICIPATION 10TH EDITION OF ABC EUREKA AWARDS IN MUMBAI CELEBRATES WORK OF PARTNER AGENCIES EMINENT JURY PICKS LOUDEST’S 100 MOST POWERFUL INDIAN MUSIC BUSINESS LEADERS MODE LOFT BY SABGROUP LAUNCHES SIGNATURE MENSWEAR POWER DRESSING CLOTHING LINE TOP MARKETERS DISCUSS ART AND SCIENCE OF EFFECTIVE LISTENING @PITCH CMO SUMMIT 2018, DELHI

Prior to Applause, Cherian was the CMO at Smaaash Entertainment for four years

Today's edition of Lokmat and e4m's initiative #No1Dad has media veteran Shashi Sinha and his son Dhruv talking about their fondest family trips

The leading home decor brand plans to set up 100 new stores in Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities