Top Story

e4m_logo.png

Home >> Media - Others >> Article

India’s media ad market estimated at Rs 163 billion in 2006: AdEx India report

19-January-2007
Font Size   16
India’s media ad market estimated at Rs 163 billion in 2006: AdEx India report

The media ad market in India stood at Rs 163 billion in 2006 as compared to Rs 132 billion in 2005 as per an annual report titled ‘ADEX India: Ad Industry Outlook 2006’ compiled by AdEx India, a division of TAM Media Research. The largest share of this pie is dominated by print (48 per cent), followed by television (41 per cent), together accounting for 89 per cent of the media ad pie. OOH, which is seen as the promising space in media, claims a share of 6 per cent.

Though the year 2006 saw a boom in the radio industry with several players entering the market, the year saw radio with only a 3 per cent share of the total media ad market. Following this were cinema and the Internet where both claimed 1 per cent each of the total pie.

A comparative analysis of the advertising revenues in 2005 and 2006 shows that in 2006 revenues estimated were 48.2 per cent in print, while in 2005 the share stood at 47.9 per cent. Interestingly, the revenue in TV was 41 per cent in 2005 whereas in 2006 it had dipped slightly to 40.6 per cent.

Advertising revenue garnered in 2005 in radio was 2.4 per cent, which stood at 3.1 per cent in 2006. OOH garnered a revenue share of 6.8 per cent in 2005, whereas in 2006 it was 6.1 per cent. In cinema, 2005 saw advertising revenues at 1.1 per cent, which was estimated 1 per cent in 2006. Also, Internet which stood at 0.8 per cent in 2005, the advertising revenue estimated in 2006 in this space was 1 per cent.

The ad revenue growth rates indicate that in 2006 it rose to 23.4 per cent as compared to a mere 14.1 per cent in 2005. Ad revenue growth across media vis-à-vis 2006 and 2005 indicates that while radio grew at 58 per cent, it was followed closely by Internet at 52 per cent. TV and Press stood at 22 per cent and 24 per cent, respectively, while cinema and OOH both grew at 10 per cent each.





Tags

Sidharth Gupta, Co-founder, Treebo talks about their outdoor campaign ‘Perfect stay or don’t pay’, what prompted this bold advertising move, its targeting, and the metrics that the brand utilizes to measure the efficacy of such a campaign

Vijay Mansukhani, speaks to exchange4media about the resurgence of Onida, the scope of growth of consumer electronics market in India and the reasons why Indian consumer electronics brands don’t compete on a global scale

Projjol Banerjea opens up about hiring Anne Macdonald and GroupM's Rob Norman, and the brand's new identity

Meera Iyer tells exchange4media that in FY 2016/17, bigbasket clocked a revenue of Rs 1,400 crore. The online supermarket currently stands at 70,000 orders a day, with operations in 25 cities.

The announcement regarding this was made on Twitter by Sukumar Ranganathan, Editor-in-Chief, Hindustan Times, and Shekhar Gupta, Founder, The Print

The website promises to bring fast, reliable, insight-rich analysis in times when the readers are flooded with ‘breaking news’, and great conversations among an elite community of opinion leaders

The network has based its claim on Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) all India data (U+R) from April 2017 to March 2017 (full year average)