According to Population Council, an international, non-profit, non-governmental organisation, there are 315 million young people aged 10-24 years in India, representing 30 per cent of the country’s population.
This is a sizeable and influential market that is today shaping corporate strategies. Understanding this young population is vital for brands and companies as even if a section of them might lack the buying power, they do play a significant role in buying decisions and setting trends.
Along with the global experts, the exchange4media Youth Marketing Summit 2011 will see an interesting mix of marketers and advertising professionals from India, who will share their experiences, insights and strategies to tap these ‘Screenagers’. The Summit, presented by UTV Bindass and powered by Mudra Concrea, in association with Tuborg, is bringing together youth brands, global and Indian thought leaders and the youth of the country at one forum in Delhi on January 28, 2011.
There will be a special case study presentation by Subhinder Singh Prem, Managing Director, Reebok. Reebok has always been on the forefront of connecting with its youth TG in innovative ways. It will, thus, be interesting to see what takeaways will come off this presentation.
Among the panelists are:
• Chhaya B. Aiyer, Founder and MD, BC Web Wise
• Lara Balsara, Business Development and Diversification Manager, Madison World
• Milind Bade, GM Marketing, Bajaj Auto
• Shiv Bhaskar Dravid, Founder and Chief Executive, The Viewspaper
• Zarina Mehta, Chief Creative Officer, UTV Broadcasting and UTV Interactive
• Sudha Natrajan, President & Chief Operating, Officer Lintas Media Group
• Viral Oza, Head, Activation, Media, Online Marketing, Nokia India
• K Ramakrishna, President, Marketing, Café Coffee Day
• Dheeraj Sinha, Chief Strategy Officer, Bates141 India
• Emmanuel Upputuru, National Creative Director, Publicis India
For details, please visit: http://exchange4media.com/yms2011/index.html
Chief Content Officer, Eros Group, on Eros Now's first original comedy series, reception to its short form content and code to crack original content strategy
The new Head of Office for FCB Ulka Bengaluru on her vision for the agency, her role in shaping brands over 16 years, and why it is important to have fun in advertising
Strategy Head, Zirca Digital Solutions listed out key aspects of a good content marketing strategy and performance indicators for successful campaign
Richard Ingleton, Group CEO, Kantar Insights, says it is not right to associate market research with just survey
Dhoni will build awareness about digital payments through a campaign that will aim to educate consumers about the convenience and safety of debit cards
Adidas and Hima Das will work together to inspire young athletes to create positive change through the power of sport