Top Story

e4m_logo.png

Home >> Marketing >> Article

TNS introduces NeedScope to study subconscious minds of buyers

17-November-2004
Font Size   16
TNS introduces NeedScope to study subconscious minds of buyers

Moving a step further in the research techniques, TNS, a market information provider, has launched NeedScope System, which combines the features of TNS’ global solution with the former NFO’s Impsys, strengthening motivational research expertise. The aim of this effort is to get into the subconscious minds of the consumer to ascertain the implicit driver of behaviour/decision making.

Motivational research is a fast growing area due to increasing client needs to differentiate brands beyond functional features. The new NeedScope System helps clients build and manage brand and product portfolios by understanding better all layers of consumer needs and brand perceptions – from functional to social and emotive.

Amaury de Condé, Managing Director of the portfolio of Business Solutions at TNS was quoted in an official communiqué as saying, “Marketing and brand gurus are advising marketers to seriously consider the strong influence emotions have on purchase decisions. They state that 95 per cent of our purchase decision-making takes place in the subconscious mind. TNS’ new NeedScope System offers the only projective research system worldwide with a validated framework to understand what really drives consumers. It helps our clients to segment consumer needs and position brands, with insights far beyond what traditional research offers”

Committed to delivering the best motivational research system worldwide for both qualitative and quantitative projective research, TNS now owns 75 per cent of the new NeedScope system, while the founders, NeedScope International, will retain the rest 25 per cent.

Tags

Vijay Mansukhani, speaks to exchange4media about the resurgence of Onida, the scope of growth of consumer electronics market in India and the reasons why Indian consumer electronics brands don’t compete on a global scale

Projjol Banerjea opens up about hiring Anne Macdonald and GroupM's Rob Norman, and the brand's new identity

Meera Iyer tells exchange4media that in FY 2016/17, bigbasket clocked a revenue of Rs 1,400 crore. The online supermarket currently stands at 70,000 orders a day, with operations in 25 cities.

CMO, Kashyap Vadapalli on the start-up’s marketing play, why it has decided to stay away from IPL and response to its furniture rental apps

In an exclusive data shared with e4m, Pan Masala/Zarda/Gutkha had the highest jump of 185 per cent in terms of ad volumes in the first 14 matches

Bose, who has a career spanning over two decades, was DNA’s Editor-in-Chief. He has previously been associated with the India Today Group

Vijay Mansukhani, speaks to exchange4media about the resurgence of Onida, the scope of growth of consumer electronics market in India and the reasons why Indian consumer electronics brands don’t compe...