Top Story

Home >> Marketing >> Article

Emami picks up 23.61 pc stake in Zandu for Rs 130 cr

03-June-2008
Font Size   16
Emami picks up 23.61 pc stake in Zandu for Rs 130 cr

Emami Ltd, which had picked up a 3.91 per cent stake in Zandu Pharmaceutical Works Ltd 10 months ago, has now increased its stake in the company to 27.5 per cent. Emami has spent Rs 130 crore to acquire the additional 23.61 per cent stake in Zandu from the Vaidyas, the existing promoters of Zandu.

As per the official declaration available with BSE, the promoters hold 42 per cent stake in Zandu, with the remaining 58 per cent with the general public. With this latest acquisition, Emami is expected to become the largest promoter shareholder with nearly 70 per cent of total promoters’ stake in Zandu upon completion of the necessary legal and regulatory compliances.

Harsha V Agarwal, Director, Emami Ltd, said, “Zandu has tremendous business potential, which can be exploited with strong marketing, R&D and other operating efficiencies, coupled with long term entrepreneurial vision. Emami, with its strong marketing acumen and operational efficiency, can help Zandu reap its true potential. There is strong synergy between the businesses of Emami and Zandu. If Emami and Zandu’s respective expertise are combined, it can reach to greater heights.”

Emami has bought stake in Zandu through companies like Bhanu Vyapar Pvt Ltd, Suraj Viniyog Pvt Ltd, Suntrack Commerce and Diwakar Viniyog.

Agarwal further said, “Emami’s objective is to capitalise on synergies of each other’s strengths. Specific brand plans would be made in due course in consultation with the existing management.”

Tags

Varun Raina, Marketing Manager, Airbnb India speaks to exchange4media about the successful #LiveThere campaign and how Bollywood helps them connect with its young consumer

Tim Castree is all praises for his team in India and trusts it to be a result of “an excellent execution of agency’s global strategy” headed by Kartik Sharma

Siddharth Dabhade says Criteo’s technology allows brands to engage with shoppers, create relevant experience on retail apps, thereby driving sales and profits

Shantanu Gangane says OTT platform Viu plans around 20+ originals and is all set to enter the Tamil market with a mix of syndicated and original content

right
left
BREAK THE CEILING TOUCH THE SKY 2018 SEES OVERWHELMING INDUSTRY PARTICIPATION 10TH EDITION OF ABC EUREKA AWARDS IN MUMBAI CELEBRATES WORK OF PARTNER AGENCIES EMINENT JURY PICKS LOUDEST’S 100 MOST POWERFUL INDIAN MUSIC BUSINESS LEADERS MODE LOFT BY SABGROUP LAUNCHES SIGNATURE MENSWEAR POWER DRESSING CLOTHING LINE TOP MARKETERS DISCUSS ART AND SCIENCE OF EFFECTIVE LISTENING @PITCH CMO SUMMIT 2018, DELHI THIRD SEASON OF ‘INDIA’S TOP DIGITAL PLANNERS’ RECOGNIZES EXCELLENCE IN THE DIGITAL INDUSTRY WOMEN ECONOMIC FORUM 2018 SEES DISTINGUISHED GLOBAL PERSONALITIES IN ATTENDANCE PEPPER CREATIVE AWARDS 2018 RECOGNIZE THE BEST IN ADVERTISING IN SOUTH INDIA RADIO CITY’S POWER OF RADIO MEET HOSTS TOP ADVERTISING INDUSTRY LEADERS TOP INDUSTRY PERSONALITIES ATTEND ZOOM-MYNTRA EVENING TO CELEBRATE THEIR PARTNERSHIP LEADING MARKETERS, EXPERTS SHARE INSIGHTS ON DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION @ADOBE SYMPOSIUM IN MUMBAI NICKELODEON TRADE PARTY SEES MARKETING INDUSTRY LEADERS AND THEIR FAMILIES IN ATTENDANCE GOLDEN MIKES RADIO ADVERTISING AWARDS 2018 RECOGNIZE INDUSTRY’S MOST DESERVING ACHIEVERS AIMA MANAGING INDIA AWARDS HONOUR THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY BW BUSINESSWORLD’S GREAT INDIA DEBATE BRINGS TOGETHER INTELLECTUALS ACROSS INDUSTRY SECTORS BW BUSINESSWORLD SMART CITIES CONCLAVE PATNA 2018 SEES EMINENT INDUSTRY LEADERS IN ATTENDANCE EMINENT JURY PICKS WINNERS OF GOLDEN MIKES RADIO ADVERTISING AWARDS MADDYS 2018 SEE TOP ADVERTISING AND MARKETING INDUSTRY LEADERS IN ATTENDANCE LOKMAT MAHARASHTRIAN OF THE YEAR AWARDS 2018 RECOGNIZE EXCEPTIONAL TALENT CNBC-TV18’S INDIA BUSINESS LEADER AWARDS HONOUR HIGH-ACHIEVERS, OUTSTANDING LEADERS AND TOP VISIONARIES

Telugu channel Star Maa is launching two new serials in the afternoon slots on May 21- Kante Koothurne Kanali and Shambhavi

CCI in February fined Google $20 million for abusing its position in online web search and also slammed the company for preventing its partners from using competing search services

Bhattacharya was has now set his sights on entrepreneurship with plans to set up something in content and fashion tech space