Home >> Marketing >> Article

Amway India forays into colour cosmetics

05-December-2007
Font Size   16
Amway India forays into colour cosmetics

Amway India has forayed into colour cosmetics for the first time in the country. So far, the Amway cosmetics range comprised mainly skincare products under two brands – Artistry and Attitude, in the premium and mid-level, respectively.

The colour cosmetics category would be under the brand name Attitude Colours and include lipsticks in six shades, nail varnish in four shades and an eyeliner in black. The pricing of these products has been kept moderate keeping in mind the target audience, which is in the mid to lower segments.

William S Pinckney, Managing Director, Amway India, said, “Having established our core-line products, we felt we are in a perfect position to enter this new product category. India has remained a market with a huge potential and we are confident that this launch will help us build relationships with a diverse set of consumers.”

Naveen Anand, VP-Marketing, Amway India, said that the company planned to launch around 150 products in the next two years. He added that there had been a tremendous growth trend in the colour cosmetics market in India, which was expected to touch nearly Rs 1,000 crore by 2008.

“With the introduction of Attitude Colours, Amway wants to get a stronger foothold in the growing middle class segment. At present, the sale percentage from Artistry is 60 per cent, with Attitude contributing the remaining 40 per cent,” Anand further said.

As in the case of other Amway products, the colour cosmetics range would be available through the over four lakh distributor network across the country.

Currently, nearly 85 per cent of the products sold by Amway India are manufactured in India through five third-party contract manufacturers. The company plans to expand its capacity in the future. Amway currently offers over 85 products in five categories – Personal Care, Home Care, Nutrition and Wellness, Cosmetics and Gifts. Amway had entered the Indian market in 1998.

Recently, Amway India launched a TV ad campaign alongside its press campaigns. The creative communication is handled by Rediffusion DY&R, Delhi, while the media business is handled by OMS.

Tags e4m

Kartikeya Sharma says that June has been the best month for sales in the 11 years that the brand has been in India

The newly appointed CEO of ZEE5 on how he aims to have the widest appeal in the OTT space amongst Indian consumers

The VP, Marketing and Communications (South Asia), talks about the company's growth strategy, its focus areas, impact of demonetisation on consumer behaviour and much more

Siju Prabhakaran, South Cluster Head, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited, talks about channel's rebranding, extending fiction shows to weekends and much more

right
left
RADIO CITY CELEBRATES ITS 17TH ANNIVERSARY WITH CONCERT, AWARDS AND FUN 5TH EDITION OF TIMES NOW & ICICI BANK’S NRI OF THE YEAR AWARDS GLOBAL INDIANS PITCH CMO SUMMIT BENGALURU SEES TOP INDUSTRY LEADERS AND MARKETERS IN ATTENDANCE DISTINGUISHED JURY COMES TOGETHER TO PICK WINNERS FOR PITCH’S TOP 50 BRANDS PITCH CMO SUMMIT BANGALORE SEES TOP CMOS ACROSS INDUSTRIES IN ATTENDANCE 1ST REPUBLIC TV GULF INDIAN LEADERSHIP SUMMIT & AWARDS HONOUR STALWARTS OF INDIAN GULF BUSINESS COMMUNITY SONY YAY! CELEBRATES ITS FIRST BIRTHDAY WITH PARTY FOR TRADE PARTNERS THOUGHT LEADERS AND TOP DIGITAL MARKETERS SPEAK @ EXCHANGE4MEDIA GROUP’S TECHMANCH 2018 IN MUMBAI EXCHANGE4MEDIA’S IDMA 2018 RECOGNIZES INDUSTRY’S BEST DIGITAL MARKETING CAMPAIGNS REALTY PLUS UNVEILS COFFEE TABLE BOOK AT 10TH CONCLAVE & EXCELLENCE AWARDS @AHMEDABAD EMINENT JURY CONGREGATES TO PICK WINNERS OF INDIAN DIGITAL MARKETING AWARDS 2018 OFF THE CUFF SEES ‘SWACHH BHARAT ABHIYAN’ MAN PARAMESWARAN IYER IN CONVERSATION WITH SHEKHAR GUPTA EXCHANGE4MEDIA’S LOUDEST.IN HOSTS INAUGURAL EDITION OF MUSIC INC. IN MUMBAI EMINENT JURY CONGREGATES TO PICK IMPACT’S 40UNDERFORTY ACHIEVERS PORTER PRIZE & INSTITUTE FOR COMPETITIVENESS RECOGNIZE STRATEGIC ACUMEN IN COMPANIES DELHI AD CLUB-SAARC AWARDS 2018 RECOGNIZE EXCELLENCE ACROSS CREATIVE, MEDIA & DIGITAL AGENCIES BSNL & CALL2ACTION COMMUNICATION INDIA LAUNCH MOBILE ADVERTISING PLATFORM, INFOMO IN NEW DELHI CHILDREN’S RIGHTS ACTIVIST KAILASH SATYARTHI LAUNCHES BOOK ‘EVERY CHILD MATTERS’ SENIOR JOURNALIST VIJAY TRIVEDI LAUNCHES BOOK ‘YADA YADA HI YOGI’ BASED ON YOGI ADITYANATH EMINENT JURY CONGREGATES TO PICK IMPACT’S 40UNDERFORTY ACHIEVERS

By acquiring 21st Century Fox, Disney will have an immensely powerful content portfolio, adding to an already impressive assemblage which includes Marvel, Pixar and Lucasfilm.

The company’s revenue dropped by 7 per cent at Rs 542.3 crore

With a plethora of books on the marketing and advertising arena being unveiled, the biggest reason this one shines is for the brutal candour with which it is told