'Kit: An Autobody Experience' all set to premiere on Discovery Turbo
Discovery Turbo is all set to unveil its newest show, ‘Kit: An Autobody Experience’ from February 16, 2011. The show will showcase what-all it takes to build a kit car from the ground up.
The series will present four different style car builds from four different build teams. It will not just be a competition, but a great television experience and excitement for automobile enthusiasts. The 24-hour channel dedicated to speed –Discovery Turbo, brings with drama and exhilaration as an expert team of passionate individuals use car-kits to build a host of alluring vehicles.
A key highlight of the show is Bruce Meyers, better known as the Godfather of kit cars and the man who created the wildly famous Dune Buggy. Desire to own something unique and custom-made is something most automobile fanatics can’t let go of. The kit culture is growing rapidly to fill the need for fun cars, built by hand and built to last. Kits are no longer floppy fiberglass bodies bolted to a VW chassis, but cars produced by an industry constantly improving to meet the demands of car builders and owners today.
Key Episodes Highlights:
• Car Factory owner Mike Vetter and his crew are ready to show the viewers how to mount the new fiberglass body on GT super car build. Get ready for some great tips and tricks of the trade.
• The Lamborghini Diablo is known by many as ‘Italian Royalty’ in the exotic supercar world. Some say that the mere sight of one makes young people’s hearts race uncontrollably. But what if one of these supercars turn out to be a fabulous fake?
• Is it an El Camino or is it a lowered Chevy pickup? Or a Viper heritage? Is it a new series race truck? No, it’s a super simple, Super Stepside kit built by Ricks Rods of Lafayette, Louisiana and one can never guess what we used as a donor car.
• No-one would ever guess that a radical truck could ever come from an 80’s era family sedan. Rick’s Rods is going to give the plain-Jane a facelift with some makeup and a new attitude, in just one week.
• A new kit car! What do you really do with it? Drive it to its limits. The episode brings Eric Andreen as he takes his Daytona coupe all out for a shot on Pinks: All Out. The series also checks out some kit car clubs and some kit-car shows.
Chief Content Officer, Eros Group, on Eros Now's first original comedy series, reception to its short form content and code to crack original content strategy
The new Head of Office for FCB Ulka Bengaluru on her vision for the agency, her role in shaping brands over 16 years, and why it is important to have fun in advertising
Strategy Head, Zirca Digital Solutions listed out key aspects of a good content marketing strategy and performance indicators for successful campaign
Richard Ingleton, Group CEO, Kantar Insights, says it is not right to associate market research with just survey
Prakash joined PepsiCo in 1998 in India, and since then has held various positions across marketing and franchise functions in the company both in India and abroad
Divya will leverage her eclectic and rich experience across OTT and broadcast media, to build brand ALTBalaji