Yahoo! has announced that it is the official ICC World Cup website – iccevents.yahoo.com will be the official destination for cricket enthusiasts from around the world. The website will offer live match updates and detailed match analysis along with video content and games and contests themed around cricket. The company will allow people to buy game tickets and ICC merchandise through the website as well.
Prem Panicker, Managing Editor, Yahoo! India, said, “Cricket is the most passionately followed game in India and Yahoo! Cricket will deliver compelling and unique content alongside interactive contests to build on the euphoria for the game.”
Campbell Jamieson, ICC General Manager, Commercial, said, “As the countdown continues to the Cup that Counts, we are thrilled to be working with Yahoo! to launch an online destination that offers the exclusive ICC Cricket World Cup content in an innovative and engaging way.”
The website will have live scorecard interaction, live chat, a consolidated view of cricket updates from fans on Twitter and also top commenters from around the world.
At the same time, Yahoo! India also announced a number of ways in which people can be safer online, and introduced Yahoo! Safely, which informs parents, educators and children about protecting online privacy, managing search queries and offers tips on how to minimise risks on mobile devices.
“The Internet is a remarkably inclusive destination that fulfils both our information and communication needs. Our online identity is our new face and our email ID is our virtual address from where we chat, share, retrieve and research information each day, so it is important that we give our young people the tools they need to make smart digital decisions,” said Alka Sharma, spokesperson for Yahoo! Safely, Yahoo! India.
Adding her comments on the matter of Internet safety for students, Priyanka Jetly of DAV Public School, New Delhi, said, “Today’s students should be made aware about copyright issues, piracy and safe access on the Internet, and at the same time they need to understand the inherent dangers of sharing personal information and identification to any sources online. The Web is a marvelous destination for everyone, so it is important that our students understand and can deal with the important online issues they face every day.”
For Safer Internet Day 2011, Yahoo! is also sharing top 5 tips for Internet users:
• Own your digital reputation: Stop and think before you share a thought or forward a photo. The Internet is a public space, so before you share photos or personal details, make sure it’s info that you’d share with teachers, colleges, or job prospects.
• Think about what you text: Texting is core to staying connected with your friends. What you text is a reflection of you, so be thoughtful about what you text and confident that your texts portray you the right way.
• Have a family chat: Talking with your parents or guardians doesn’t mean giving up your privacy. Everyone benefits when you’re on the same page about online activities, including when you can go online, how long you can stay, and what activities you can do online.
• Know your rights: You have the right to not respond to email or other messages that are inappropriate or make you feel uncomfortable. If you get a message that doesn’t feel right, show it to your parents, guardians, or another trusted adult and report the incident to your Internet service provider.
• Protect your personal information: When you send email, texts, photos or instant messages to people who are not trusted friends or family, don’t give out personal information they could use to find your physical location or exploit you. Guard your password like a hawk.
Chief Content Officer, Eros Group, on Eros Now's first original comedy series, reception to its short form content and code to crack original content strategy
The new Head of Office for FCB Ulka Bengaluru on her vision for the agency, her role in shaping brands over 16 years, and why it is important to have fun in advertising
Strategy Head, Zirca Digital Solutions listed out key aspects of a good content marketing strategy and performance indicators for successful campaign
Richard Ingleton, Group CEO, Kantar Insights, says it is not right to associate market research with just survey
Dhoni will build awareness about digital payments through a campaign that will aim to educate consumers about the convenience and safety of debit cards
Adidas and Hima Das will work together to inspire young athletes to create positive change through the power of sport