Home >> Digital >> Article Presented By, IDMA - Mathrubhumi.com presents e4m's IDMA 2018, gold partner - Republic TV           Techमंच - exchange4media presents Techमंच - Digital Conference 2018, gold partner - Mathrubhumi.com

PC Quest survey - Microsoft best MNC brand & Wipro best Indian brand

13-September-2002
Font Size   16
PC Quest survey - Microsoft best MNC brand & Wipro best Indian brand

In a survey on the Indian IT industry related brands conducted by market research agency IMRB for PC Quest magazine of Cyber Media Group, Microsoft was declared the best MNC brand and Wipro the best Indian brand. WindowsXP emerged as the best product inspite of tough competition by Pentium 4.

PC Quest Users' Choice survey is an annual survey of brands that consumers choose to use or buy. The survey conducted by IMRB covered seven cities across India, including the four metros, covering 500 households in the SEC-A category and 1,000 business establishments comprising large companies, software enterprises along with small and medium-sized enterprises.

In all, winners were chosen across 39 categories. Indiatimes was the best news site in the survey. Delighted with the news, Mahendra Swarup, CEO, of Indiatimes said, "The award proves that the Net has truly empowered surfers and they are rooting for quality information."

Rediff.com was chosen the best Indian portal site. Yahoo topped the categories in chat clients and free email services. VSNL emerged the best ISP (Internet Service Provider). In the web graphics and professional graphics categories, Adobe Photoshop was the clear winner. Nokia was the preference of the majority among cellphones.

The other prominent winners included names such as Compaq, IBM, HP, Samsung, Seagate, Sony, Cisco, Norton, Apson, APC, D-Link, Mercury and Logitech etc.

Besides determining which brand users preferred to buy in different categories, they were also asked to select the reasons among the 4 choices: well-known brand, low price, good quality and better service.

Of these, good quality emerged as the overwhelming reason for corporates to shift to another brand in all categories. Among the households, good quality was the main reason for choosing a brand in 60% of the categories, while brand popularity was the main reason for the remaining 40%.

Tags

Varun Raina, Marketing Manager, Airbnb India speaks to exchange4media about the successful #LiveThere campaign and how Bollywood helps them connect with its young consumer

Tim Castree is all praises for his team in India and trusts it to be a result of “an excellent execution of agency’s global strategy” headed by Kartik Sharma

Siddharth Dabhade says Criteo’s technology allows brands to engage with shoppers, create relevant experience on retail apps, thereby driving sales and profits

Shantanu Gangane says OTT platform Viu plans around 20+ originals and is all set to enter the Tamil market with a mix of syndicated and original content

right
left
OFF THE CUFF HAS JOURNALIST ARUN SHOURIE IN CONVERSATION WITH SHEKHAR GUPTA IN MUMBAI IAA HOSTS FIRST INDIAA REGIONAL AWARDS (TELUGU) IN HYDERABAD BREAK THE CEILING TOUCH THE SKY 2018 SEES OVERWHELMING INDUSTRY PARTICIPATION 10TH EDITION OF ABC EUREKA AWARDS IN MUMBAI CELEBRATES WORK OF PARTNER AGENCIES EMINENT JURY PICKS LOUDEST’S 100 MOST POWERFUL INDIAN MUSIC BUSINESS LEADERS MODE LOFT BY SABGROUP LAUNCHES SIGNATURE MENSWEAR POWER DRESSING CLOTHING LINE TOP MARKETERS DISCUSS ART AND SCIENCE OF EFFECTIVE LISTENING @PITCH CMO SUMMIT 2018, DELHI THIRD SEASON OF ‘INDIA’S TOP DIGITAL PLANNERS’ RECOGNIZES EXCELLENCE IN THE DIGITAL INDUSTRY WOMEN ECONOMIC FORUM 2018 SEES DISTINGUISHED GLOBAL PERSONALITIES IN ATTENDANCE PEPPER CREATIVE AWARDS 2018 RECOGNIZE THE BEST IN ADVERTISING IN SOUTH INDIA RADIO CITY’S POWER OF RADIO MEET HOSTS TOP ADVERTISING INDUSTRY LEADERS TOP INDUSTRY PERSONALITIES ATTEND ZOOM-MYNTRA EVENING TO CELEBRATE THEIR PARTNERSHIP LEADING MARKETERS, EXPERTS SHARE INSIGHTS ON DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION @ADOBE SYMPOSIUM IN MUMBAI NICKELODEON TRADE PARTY SEES MARKETING INDUSTRY LEADERS AND THEIR FAMILIES IN ATTENDANCE GOLDEN MIKES RADIO ADVERTISING AWARDS 2018 RECOGNIZE INDUSTRY’S MOST DESERVING ACHIEVERS AIMA MANAGING INDIA AWARDS HONOUR THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY BW BUSINESSWORLD’S GREAT INDIA DEBATE BRINGS TOGETHER INTELLECTUALS ACROSS INDUSTRY SECTORS BW BUSINESSWORLD SMART CITIES CONCLAVE PATNA 2018 SEES EMINENT INDUSTRY LEADERS IN ATTENDANCE EMINENT JURY PICKS WINNERS OF GOLDEN MIKES RADIO ADVERTISING AWARDS MADDYS 2018 SEE TOP ADVERTISING AND MARKETING INDUSTRY LEADERS IN ATTENDANCE

He spent 13 years at HT; his previous stints include Whirlpool, Procter & Gamble and Godrej

The case study explains in detail the people strategy executed at GroupM to ensure its talent is digitally charged and is data-centric.

As Zee Telugu completes 13 years, Anuradha Gudur tells us about the channel’s journey