Jury Member of Promo & Activations Lions Jury
Chief Operating Officer, DDB Mudra Group
Five things that Pratap Bose looks forward to as a Cannes Juror
1. Being on the Cannes Jury for the first time is in itself something I am very excited about and I am looking forward to the experience of judging the world’s best work for this year.
2. This could be a turning point in my life as I am seriously considering moving into the creative department full time after I return. It all depends on my tryst with Cannes this year, and whether I think I fit the bill.
3. In any case, I look forward to all the inspiration that one soaks up there, and the tickling of the creative cells in the right brain. I must confess that my burning desire and ambition is to win a Grand Prix, and every year I go to Cannes that desire becomes stronger. It’s as if I am getting closer to conquering Mount Everest and that dizzying anticipation is something I look forward to.
4. Being on the jury this year, I really want to decode Latin America and the brotherhood of LATAM. Simply put, I will attempt to decode the left brain brotherhood inside their already brilliant right brains.
5. Lastly, I am carrying my creative show-reel with me just in case...
More on Bose...
Pratap Bose, Chief Operating Officer of the DDB Mudra Group, is a member of the operating board. He drives the vision and growth strategy for the group comprising DDB Mudra, DDB MudraMax and Mudra. He is also the Chief Executive Officer of DDB MudraMax and is responsible for the 16 specialist units in the engagement and experiential space.
His working career spans across geographies in India, Asia and Eastern Europe. He joined the DDB Mudra Group from Ogilvy & Mather India. He worked at Ogilvy & Mather India for 17 years in various capacities and went on to become their youngest Chief Executive Officer in 2006. In the last two decades, Bose has been the most-awarded person in India in the promotions, activation, outdoor and media category with more than 500 awards.
Bose is married and blessed with two children. His interests include wildlife photography, angling and counselling people.
The Promotion & Activations Lions category has 25 jury members in all. The Jury President is Nick Worthington, Creative Chairman, Colenso BBDO, New Zealand.
Kartikeya Sharma says that June has been the best month for sales in the 11 years that the brand has been in India
The newly appointed CEO of ZEE5 on how he aims to have the widest appeal in the OTT space amongst Indian consumers
The VP, Marketing and Communications (South Asia), talks about the company's growth strategy, its focus areas, impact of demonetisation on consumer behaviour and much more
Siju Prabhakaran, South Cluster Head, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited, talks about channel's rebranding, extending fiction shows to weekends and much more
This comes after the government has deemed Whatsappâ€™s reply to the first notice sent to the IT Ministry as unsatisfactory, according to reports.
Guest Column: From expecting the unexpected to the importance of team work, Sharma explains what PR professionals can learn from the football world cup
At the debut edition of D-CODE, 13 Industry champions will crack the code on the best performing digital campaigns