GroupM revises industry growth estimates down to 8.5%; print to be hit hardest
The slowdown in the economy, along with depreciation of the Rupee is beginning to impact the advertising industry. As per GroupM’s revised forecast of ad spends for H2, Adex has come down to 4.7 per cent from the earlier estimate of 7.3 per cent. The H2 slowdown brings down full year growth from 9.9 per cent to 8.5 per cent.
• Political parties and Government spending are expected to increase owing to the Lok Sabha Elections in 2014 and State Elections in 2013
• Auto will see growth buoyed by the several new launches lined up in the forthcoming months
• Media will continue to grow on new channel and programme launches
• The FMCG sector is facing pressure on raw material prices and manufacturing processes
• In the telecom sector, handset manufacturers heavily dependent on imports of smartphones and feature phones are feeling the heat due to the devaluation of the Rupee
• In the BFSI sector, interest rates are not relenting and financial markets are under-performing
As per the revised estimates, print will see the lowest growth in ad spends in H2 at 0.7 per cent from the earlier 4.8 per cent. There is a downward revision in the spends for the rest of the media as well, including television, radio, OOH, and cinema. On the contrary, the ad spends for digital remain unchanged at 30 per cent.
Digital spends will hold, rest will slow down
Emery says everything that Unilever CMO Keith Weed says has a touch of genius. He also talks about his expectations from Cannes, WPP without Sir Martin Sorrell and his love for Mindshare India.
In an interaction with exchange4media, PC Musthafa, CEO & Co-Founder iD Fresh Food shares how the brand deals with competition and marketing strategies followed by them.
Varun Raina, Marketing Manager, Airbnb India speaks to exchange4media about the successful #LiveThere campaign and how Bollywood helps them connect with its young consumer
Tim Castree is all praises for his team in India and trusts it to be a result of âan excellent execution of agencyâs global strategyâ headed by Kartik Sharma
Mookerjee will lead the agencyâs focus on strategic media planning, technology, data, content and ROI driven solutions
Lizol continued to reign the top spot in BARCâs Top 10 Brands for Week 23 (June 2-8, 2018)
Mazhavil Manorama which was at the fourth position in Week 22 climbed two positions up, bagging the second spot in Malayalam GEC category. Zee Telugu came in the first spot outdoing Star Maa in week 2...