Top Story


Home >> Cannes 2010 >> Article

Brand Mediabrands officially in India now through Reprise; a 51:49 JV between Mediabrands and Interactive Avenues

Font Size   16
Brand Mediabrands officially in India now through Reprise; a 51:49 JV between Mediabrands and Interactive Avenues

After over a year of conversations, Mediabrands has finally announced its digital plans in India. Making the announcement, Michael Roth, Chairman and CEO, Interpublic Group said, “This is exciting for us since India is one of our key markets from an IPG perspective. This adds to our presence in the market, and more importantly marks our digital plans in India. This reinforces our commitment in India.”

Anjali Hegde, one of Interactive Avenue’s founding partners, would be heading the JV, which will assume the name of Reprise Media in India, as its CEO and will report to the new Reprise Media, India Board as well as Mediabrands Asia Pacific Regional Leadership. Mediabrands will hold a 51per cent stake in the joint venture, while Interactive Avenues will hold the remaining 49 per cent.

Interactive Avenues has already been working with Lodestar Universal in India as Interactive Universal for the last 18 months. While this entity has not been formalised as yet, this development marks the official structure. The partnership formalises the long-time successful working relationship between Interactive Avenues and Mediabrands.

exchange4media readers would recall that the development was first reported in March 2009.

The new business unit will specialise in search and social marketing and also offer a full scope of digital services, which include digital media strategy and investment, digital creative development, campaign implementation and post activity analysis.

Anjali Hegde, CEO Reprise Media, India, said, “Interactive Avenues welcomes this opportunity to partner with IPG’s Mediabrands on the Reprise Media venture in India. Through Interactive Avenue’s leadership in digital marketing and Mediabrands’ leading global agency network, the possibilities for Reprise Media India have no bounds.”

“The Aditya Birla Group is convinced about the power of the Digital medium and will aggressively use this medium in our marketing efforts,” said Ajay Kakar, Chief Marketing Officer, Financial Services, Aditya Birla Group. He added, “Reprise Media demonstrated a deep level of understanding of our business as well as expertise across all facets of digital marketing and we look forward to working closely with them.”

Shashi Sinha, CEO, Lodestar UM (Universal McCann), added here, “With an online community of approximately 81 million, India represents one of the world’s largest Internet markets. But behind this impressive number, India still remains a multi-faceted and highly complex digital landscape. With Reprise Media India, we have the digital marketing experts that can navigate the digital space effectively and offer our clients unrivalled value for their campaigns, especially as this space reaches critical mass in the coming years.”


Rishi Pratim Mukherjee finds his eternal peace at home on a typical weekend by reading his all time favourite books or simply switching off

Prashant Puri, Co-Founder and CEO of Adlift, talks about his journey from being the company’s co-founder to an investor and also tells us how automation will soon take the top spot in every marketer's list

Shikha Kapur, CMO- ‎Fox Star Studios, speaks on the evolution of digital marketing in the organisation

Mayank Pareek, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, on their three-year association with IPL where they will promote their new model Tata Nexon

According to media reports, the new logo will not be very different from the existing one and the changes may not be very visible

Visual highlights from the seventh edition of IMPACT’s 50 Most Influential Women event held in Mumbai on Thursday 22nd March.

The FIR was filed by the police after BARC India’s vigilance team found out that the details of the households where BARC India’s BAR-O-Meters are installed were compromised