Top Story

e4m_logo.png

Home >> Media - TV >> Article

Scripps Network acquires 69 pc stake in NDTV Lifestyle

20-November-2009
Font Size   16
Share
Scripps Network acquires 69 pc stake in NDTV Lifestyle

New Delhi Television Ltd (NDTV) on November 19, 2009, informed BSE that NDTV Group and US media company Scripps Networks Interactive Inc., had reached a definitive agreement to create a strategic alliance for lifestyle channels in India.

The proposed transaction will result in Scripps Networks Interactive acquiring 69 per cent of NDTV Group’s lifestyle programming subsidiary, NDTV Lifestyle Ltd. NDTV Lifestyle is anchored by English-language lifestyle television channel NDTV Good Times. NDTV Group will retain the remaining 31 per cent stake in the joint venture.

It is learnt that Smeeta Chakrabarti, CEO, NDTV Lifestyle, would continue to remain CEO of the venture.

In addition to operating NDTV Good Times, Scripps Networks Interactive and NDTV Group are contemplating launch of other lifestyle television channels through the NDTV Lifestyle partnership.

Scripps Networks Interactive is one of the leading developers of lifestyle-oriented content for television and the Internet, where on-air programming is complemented with online video, social media areas and e-commerce components on companion websites and broadband vertical channels. The company’s media portfolio includes: Lifestyle Media, with lifestyle television and Internet brands HGTV, Food Network, DIY Network, Fine Living Network (FLN) and country music network Great American Country; and Interactive Services, with leading online search and comparison shopping services BizRate and Shopzilla.

Tags

Our typical marketing budget is usually 10 per cent of the topline spend

There are some forces impacting the way our business works. The IT/ITeS sector has changed tremendously. Platforms like Twitter have made everyone journalists. Smartphones have made everyone a photographer. The trend that we are seeing is one of hyperdigitalization, which is causing the lines between product and services to blur. For example, <a href=http://www.exchange4media.com/company/news/amaz...

The OOH sector is among the fastest growing, globally. Brands and marketers have realized its potential and impact and begun to craft medium-specific adverts. Self-regulation is not only necessary but also essential to growth of the sector. The industry needs to exercise a certain level of this self-restraint to prove its commitment to maintaining the best standards in advertising.

<b>Clients are looking for experiential solutions beyond radio or print: Abraham Thomas, Radio City 91.1 FM</b><br><br> From entering new markets to launching large format events, Radio City 91.1FM has been on a roll. The radio channel recently announced the launch of India’s biggest singing talent hunt-Radio City Super Singer Season 8. Earlier this year, the channel set up its own creative-cum...

The interesting animated rap music video encapsulates Droom’s ecosystem tools and their role in facilitating second-hand automobile transactions

Perfumes are invisible and these new ads from Skinn create a story out of this

New campaign aims at first-time users by providing ‘first-night free’ – a first-ever offering by the brand on online hotels booking