Top Story

e4m_logo.png

Home >> Media - TV >> Article

Real Estate TV focuses on connectivity issue; eyes fiction genre too

18-August-2008
Font Size   16
Share
Real Estate TV focuses on connectivity issue; eyes fiction genre too

Real Estate TV (RETV), the country’s first 24x7 channel dedicated to the real estate and infrastructure industry, is gung-ho about its content and is now looking at the connectivity issue to enable the channel reach maximum homes. Te channel authorities believe that while there are channels that address broad segments like business, sports, lifestyle, spiritualism, RETV covers a specific business sector – real estate – which is a first in itself.

Commenting on the channel’s positioning, Prem Menon, CEO, Real Estate TV, said, “RETV is positioned as a premium English language channel targeted at the A and A+ audience segments. It offers programming that is rich in informational and utility value in a manner that makes for engaging and entertaining viewing.”

RETV’s primary objective is to unravel every aspect of the real estate, infrastructure and home sectors to the creators, dealers, developers, policy planners, administrators and dwellers, in a manner that is exciting, entertaining and empowering.

Menon further said, “The response from viewers who have ‘tasted’ the channel has been very positive. The uniform reaction has been that ‘it’s very different’, ‘it’s very informative’, ‘never seen anything like this’. The response from the industry as well as advertisers has also been very encouraging.”

“The immediate task is to address the connectivity issue. We are also talking to various DTH players and are in the process of tying up distribution on the DTH platform,” he added.

RETV’s programming covers the key segments of real estate and property, infrastructure and urban development as well as home and living. The content mix comprises shows spanning live news, information, magazine shows, docu-features, travel shows, light entertainment in the form of game shows, docu-fiction.

Menon informed here that plans were afoot to have shows in the fiction genre as well. The channel airs almost 80 per cent of shows produced in-house, while the remaining 20 per cent shows are outsourced.

As part of advertising activities road shows have been planned in all the metros. These events would target all stakeholders, including real estate developers, builders, architects, manufacturers of allied products, designers, banks and home users.

Also read:

India’s first Real Estate TV signs agreements with cable networks across major cities

Tags

Bhasin on the checks and balances of new IRS, methodology with new companies like Vedsur on board, interpreting the data and why it’s not fair to compare with previous data

Chitresh Sinha, CEO, Chlorophyll Innovation Lab and Vivek Singh, Joint MD, Procam International speak exclusively with exchange4media on the upcoming #BeBetter Campaign for the TATA Mumbai Marathon

Abhishek Punia, Co-founder and COO of ARM Worldwide, tells about how they re-branded themselves from ARM Digital to ARM Worldwide and in the process marked their presence globally

Srinivasan opens up on what prompted their recent rebrand, their foray into bus depots and developing the software that displays Bengaluru Metropolitan Transport Corporation's (BMTC) Passenger Information System for all the major bus depots in Bangalore.

Duroflex and Happy mcgarrybowen launch #7HourMarathon campaign with Milind Soman to promote healthy sleeping practices

Punjab has witnessed highest growth, of more than 50% DTH penetration, followed by HP and J&K

IRS 2017 has been reinforced with design, methodology, quality, and questionnaire enhancements to ensure the highest integrity of the data.