Top Story

e4m_logo.png

Home >> Media - TV >> Article

NDTV reports lower operating loss for Q2'17

16-November-2016
Font Size   16
Share
NDTV reports lower operating loss for Q2'17

NDTV Group has released financial details for Q2’17; the quarter ended September 30, 2016. The overall group, including e-commerce ventures, has a Rs 7 crore turnaround, ending with an EBITDA loss of Rs 4 crore for the quarter as compared to a Rs 11 crore loss for the same period last year.

The company attributes the improved performance to improved advertising revenues alongside lower costs in Convergence, NDTV’s digital content subsidiary and e-commerce segment.

NDTV Convergence showed 16 per cent growth in revenues YoY with 75 per cent increase in mobile advertising revenue YoY. The company also said that NDTV Gadgets360.com, it’s ecommerce portal for gadgets, turned profitable this quarter, with Q2 revenues seeing a 250 per cent increase as opposed to Q1 revenues.

According to the company, NDTV 24x7 has 56 per cent share of viewership in the UK with all other Indian news channels (Both Hindi and English) account for the remaining 44 per cent. Launches during the quarter included NDTV Spice and NDTV India on Virgin Cable (UK) and NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India on SingTel in Singapore.

The company also tied up with DEN Networks to make NDTV and other network offerings available in UP and Uttarkhand. This move, says the group, will make it available to more than 2 million households.

Bhasin on the checks and balances of new IRS, methodology with new companies like Vedsur on board, interpreting the data and why it’s not fair to compare with previous data

Chitresh Sinha, CEO, Chlorophyll Innovation Lab and Vivek Singh, Joint MD, Procam International speak exclusively with exchange4media on the upcoming #BeBetter Campaign for the TATA Mumbai Marathon

Abhishek Punia, Co-founder and COO of ARM Worldwide, tells about how they re-branded themselves from ARM Digital to ARM Worldwide and in the process marked their presence globally

Srinivasan opens up on what prompted their recent rebrand, their foray into bus depots and developing the software that displays Bengaluru Metropolitan Transport Corporation's (BMTC) Passenger Information System for all the major bus depots in Bangalore.

With 17 partners and sponsors across categories, the scale of Tata Mumbai Marathon comes across as commendable as it has managed to clock 44,407 registrations and set prize money of US$405,000

In top five programmes of BARC week 2, Zee TV’s prime time shows Kundali Bhagya and Kumkum Bhagya grabbed the first two position with 12533 Impressions (000s) and 11275 Impressions (000s). The re-run...

According to Flurry’s “State of Mobile 2017” annual wrap-up report, Lifestyle and Gaming Apps categories are on a decline