The Hindi GEC space has always been one of the highest GRP garners on television owing to its high reach and engagement quotient. What has further contributed to their success is the varied content in the form of fiction shows, reality based shows as well as the choice of genres available such as crime, horror, romance apart from the usual family dramas.
Anil Cheriyedath, Business Director, Maxus says ‘Pankhuri’ from ‘Pyaar ka dard hai meetha meetha pyara pyara’ that airs on Star Plus is his favourite because of the grounded and down to earth portrayal of the character.
Disha Parmar also known as ‘Pankhuri’ plays the female lead as an ideal Indian daughter who understands the importance of values and relationships. Before thinking about herself, she thinks about others.
Exchange4media chats with Anil Cheriyedath to find out what he likes about 'Pankhuri'.
1. Who is your favourite character on the Hindi General Entertainment Space?
Though I don't watch a lot of fiction shows, I find the character of Pankhuri quite captivating.
2. What do you like about the character of 'Pankhuri'?
I find her character very grounded, simple and positive which is quite different from the other characters on the other shows on the Hindi GEC space.
3. Do you think she does justice to the story line?
Yes, I think she does justice to the role and essays the character in a very convincing manner.
4. Do you think the popularity of a particular character extends itself to the show or a show shapes up the characters?
I believe that a show shapes up the character and not vice-versa since a particular character is synonymous with the show and is a part its story line. Though a character might get popular over a matter of time, it would still remain a part of the show.
5. How often do you tune in to the show 'Pyaar ka dard hai meetha meetha pyara pyara'?
I would say maybe twice a week.