Top Story

e4m_logo.png

Home >> Media - TV >> Article

Life OK beefs up 8.30PM prime time with ‘Savitri’

16-February-2013
Font Size   16
Share
Life OK beefs up 8.30PM prime time with ‘Savitri’

Life OK is all set to beef up its 8.30PM time slot with a new fantasy series, ‘Savitri’, from February 18, 2013. The weekday fiction based show will replace the earlier show, ‘Amrit Manthan’, which has been pushed to the 7.30PM time slot, thereby further extending the prime time slot from 8PM to 7.30PM.

The new show will compete with ‘Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain’ on Star Plus, ‘Amita ka Amit’ on Sony Entertainment Television, ‘Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon’ on Colors, ‘Hitler Didi’ on Zee TV and ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’ on SAB TV.

Commenting on the rationale behind the 8.30PM time slot, Pratik Seal, Marketing head, Life OK stated, “The entire story revolves around the paranormal tryst of love and will basically pertain to the fantasy-action genre. The show is targeted towards the entire family and will have a universal appeal. Hence, we considered this time slot to be apt for the show.”

The channel will be undertaking a 360-degree marketing campaign to promote the show. The channel has allocated 60 per cent of marketing spends on the television and cinema platforms. The remaining 40 per cent of the marketing spends have been allocated for other media platforms such as print, digital, radio and outdoor.

As part of the marketing and promotional activities, the channel has launched television promos across 30 channels on television. As part of the promotional activities on the cinema platform, the channel will be launching a four-minute trailer prior to the screening of movies. For the same, the channel has targeted 300-odd cinema halls in Uttar Pradesh. An extensive out of home campaign has also been undertaken by the channel across 40 cities targeting the heartland of India, including Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Delhi, Punjab, Chandigarh, Gujarat and so on.

According to Seal, digital will also be a big part of the marketing campaign. For the same, the channel has created exclusive digital content for the web, which is not a promo but will give the audiences a sneak peek into the content of the show. Other on ground and interactive activations will follow during the second phase of the marketing campaign.

‘Savitri’ is a love story between Satya and Savitri as they embark on a mysterious journey interspersed with paranormal elements. ‘Savitri’ will deal with the subjects of reincarnation, the quest for immortality and the ultimate test of love in the face of death. The show has been produced by Flying Turtles.

Aparna Bhosle, Business Cluster Head - Premium & FTA GEC channels - ‎ZEEL, on its new property, sponsors, investment on acquisition and response to BBC First

In an interview with exchange4media, Ferzad Palia says that most successful brands are not those who spend the most money

As Milind Pathak takes over as Managing Director - Southeast Asia, Httpool, we chat with him on his new role, aspirations and his plans to aggressively penetrate the operations of the group in the Southeast Asian market

The group released the Little Hearts online-only campaign, #BreakSomeHearts, early this year and is on the path to make many more of its brands available on the digital platform

As Milind Pathak takes over as Managing Director - Southeast Asia, Httpool, we chat with him on his new role, aspirations and his plans to aggressively penetrate the operations of the group in the Sou...

The group released the Little Hearts online-only campaign, #BreakSomeHearts, early this year and is on the path to make many more of its brands available on the digital platform

Aroon Purie, the India Today Group Chairman and Editor-in-Chief today appointed his daughter Kallie Purie as the Vice Chairperson of the group