The Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) at its 10th Annual General Meeting (AGM) held on August 28, 2009, elected its Board of Directors for the year 2009-10. In the AGM, IBF members I Venkat, Director, Eenadu TV, and Mahesh Prasad, Council Director, Sahara India, were re-elected to the Board. The IBF members further elected Rajat Sharma, Chairman, India TV, to the IBF Board.
Subsequently, in the Board of Directors meeting that followed, the Board unanimously elected Zee TV’s Jawahar Goel as the President, NDTV’s KVL Narayan Rao as the Vice President, and I Venkat as the Honorary Treasurer of IBF.
This is the fourth consecutive year that Goel has been elected the IBF President. Perhaps the only other President in IBF’s history, who had continued as President for a significant period, was KS Sarma, who was then with Prasar Bharati.
This is the third year that Rao has been elected to the post of IBF Vice President. Venkat has been IBF Treasurer for 10 years now.
The Board also co-opted the following Directors to the Board:
1. Man Jit Singh, CEO, MSM Pvt Ltd
2. Punit Goenka, Director, Zee News
3. Siddharth Jain, Vice President (South Asia), Turner International
It was also agreed that IBF members Haresh Chawla, CEO, Network 18, and Jayant M Mathew, Director, Malayala Manorama TV, would be Special Invitees in the Board of Directors meetings.
The IBF Board of Directors now comprises the following members:
1. Jawahar Goel, Zee TV
2. KVL Narayan Rao, CEO & Executive Director, NDTV
3. I Venkat, Director, Eenadu TV
4. Baljit Singh Lalli, CEO, Prasar Bharati
5. Chintamani Rao, CEO, Times Global Broadcasting Co Ltd
6. G Krishnan, CEO & Executive Director, TV Today
7. Mahesh Prasad, Council Director, Sahara India
8. Markand Adhikari, Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Sri Adhikari Bros
9. Paritosh Joshi, President – Distribution & Ad Sales, STAR India Pvt Ltd
10. RC Venkateish, Managing Director, ESPN Software India Pvt Ltd
11. Rajat Sharma, Chairman, India TV
12. Uday Shankar, Director, STAR News
13. Man Jit Singh, CEO, MSM Pvt Ltd
14. Punit Goenka, Director, Zee News
15. Siddharth Jain, Vice President (South Asia), Turner International