Top Story

e4m_logo.png

Home >> Media - TV >> Article

IPL 2013 creates a song & dance to celebrate India’s love for cricket

20-February-2013
Font Size   16
IPL 2013 creates a song & dance to celebrate India’s love for cricket

Max, the exclusive broadcaster of the Indian Premier League, is all set to launch its new marketing campaign for Pepsi IPL 2013 titled ‘Sirf Dekhneka Nahi’. The campaign comes from the insight that cricket is not just a game in this country but a passion that moves every Indian to get up to celebrate and dance.

The campaign will feature a series of three short films, three dance instruction videos and one film – all featuring Farah Khan. The three short films will showcase women, working professionals and families celebrating Pepsi IPL 2013 together with Farah Khan teaching them signature dance steps. These campaign films will lead to a feature film, which will highlight how IPL binds cricket with dance and celebration and nothing can beat the fervour of Pepsi IPL 2013.

Elaborating on the campaign, Gaurav Seth, Senior VP – Marketing and Communications, Max stated, “IPL is a platform we market across media to reach the entire population of India. There are no barriers in terms of age, geography, gender, etc. since we believe that the IPL belongs to every citizen in India. In order to reach out to all of them, it is about encompassing every medium we have. Whether it is radio, on-ground activations, flash mobs, mobile, internet, etc., there is so much we can do as it is all about complete engagement.”

According to Seth, television is a mass reach medium which delivers to around 75 to 80 per cent of the audience. Hence, the channel has allocated around 40 per cent of its marketing spends to television and the rest 60 per cent to different media platforms such as print, radio, outdoor, digital, etc.

The campaign has been created and conceptualised by JWT. The films have been directed by ad film director Rajesh Saathi of Keroscene Films. To add to Farah Khan’s dance moves, Max has also roped in music director–singer duo Vishal and Shekhar, who have composed the tune for the Pepsi IPL 2013 campaign.

Kranti Gada joined the family business at Shemaroo in 2006 after a successful stint of over two years in marketing at Pepsi Co. She has been associated with the company for 12 years.

Exchange4media interacted with Jaspreet Chandok, Vice President and Head (Fashion) , IMG Reliance Pvt. Ltd on seamless brands integrations planned for Lakme Fashion Week, walking tall despite blazing trails like GST, demonetization and being a part of the larger cultural space

Their strategy to educate the consumers to make well informed decisions at all stages has worked out well.

Bobby Pawar, MD, CCO - South Asia, Publicis India, talks about his idea of chilling out

Launches third phase of TVC campaign ‘Think it. Done’

Based in Mumbai, Usha has nearly two decades of experience in the Indian media and entertainment sector and will serve as a strategic advisor to H+K’s diverse portfolio of clients with a special empha...

Report based on media channel data in 96 countries and detailed findings from the world‘s key ad markets, which between them account for approximately two-thirds of the value of global advertising tra...