Top Story

e4m_logo.png

Home >> Media - TV >> Article

India TV to beam 24-hrs from May 20

19-May-2004
Font Size   16
India TV to beam 24-hrs from May 20

India TV, promoted by Rajat Sharma, will beam 24 hours from May 20. The channel will roll out an extensive print campaign on the same day, and follow it with electronic medium campaigns in niche channels.

The advertising needs of the channel are being met by Euro RSCG, informed Sanjay Reddy, VP, Sales, India TV,

Addressing mediapersons today, Rajat Sharma, Chairman, India TV, said the news channel will be on air from May 20. An editorial team of around 300 people will coordinate from all corners of the country to provide extensive coverage of national events.

Prominent sting journalist Tarun Tejpal and social activist Maneka Gandhi will also figure in the programmes aired on the channel. Referring to the investments made in the venture, he said Rs 70 crore have been invested and the promoter himself holds around 74 per cent stake in the channel. Details of the remaining 26 per cent were not divulged.

Elaborating on the programming of the channel, Sharma said the major attractions will be hits like ‘Aaj Ki Baat Rajat Sharma Ke Saath’, a daily programme blending news reporting and analysis, ‘Aaj Ka Tehelka’ by Tarun Tejpal, ‘Aap Ki Adalat’, etc.

The channel will provide unbiased news in a non-sensational manner to viewers, Sharma said.

India TV is the offering from Independent News Service (INS), established in June 1997 and promoted by Rajat Sharma and his wife Ritu Dhawan.

Tags

Kranti Gada joined the family business at Shemaroo in 2006 after a successful stint of over two years in marketing at Pepsi Co. She has been associated with the company for 12 years.

Exchange4media interacted with Jaspreet Chandok, Vice President and Head (Fashion) , IMG Reliance Pvt. Ltd on seamless brands integrations planned for Lakme Fashion Week, walking tall despite blazing trails like GST, demonetization and being a part of the larger cultural space

Their strategy to educate the consumers to make well informed decisions at all stages has worked out well.

Bobby Pawar, MD, CCO - South Asia, Publicis India, talks about his idea of chilling out

V-Guard Industries, a household name for consumer electrical appliances in India, has revamped its logo in order to reflect the strength gained by the brand over the years. The company has also unveil...

The report reveals that there has been nearly 5 times more growth in video consumption in the last 12 months, with 96 percent of all usage being focused on long form video

Gopalan currently leads the Indonesia operations of P&G, and will be taking over from April 1st, 2018 as Al Rajwani is set to retire after 37 years with the company.