Television news sphere’s most anticipated event, the annual exchange4media Indian News Broadcasting Awards (EINBA), is being held in Delhi at The Oberoi on September 1, 2010 evening. The EINBA 2010 aims to award excellence for work/ achievements during the period between April 1, 2009 and March 31, 2010. In its third year, the awards categories have swelled to 26 following tremendous response from the industry. The EINBA 2010 is presented by HP.
EINBA employs transparent processes and expert jurors to ensure that the awards have integrity.
As in the previous two years, the jury for EINBA this year, too, comprises eminent personalities who understand media and news media. Vinod Mehta, Editor-in-Chief, Outlook Group is Chairman of the jury. The other jury members include: Tarun Basu, Director and Chief Editor, IANS; Hormusji N Cama, Director, Bombay Samachar and past President, INS; author Mukul Kesavan; Shiv Mukerjee, Former Diplomat, High Commissioner to the UK; social activist Sabrina Lall; Shashi Shekhar, Editor-in-Chief, Hindustan; Jwalant Swaroop, Director - Ad Sales, Lokmat Group; Sunil Vysyaprath, Executive Creative Director, Wieden+Kennedy; and Hoshie Ghaswala, President - Publishing, Cyber Media India Ltd.
The Awards categories are as follows:
1. Best Live Programming of the Year 2010 – Hindi
2. Best Live Programming of the Year 2010 – English
3. Best News Show of the Year 2010 – Hindi
4. Best News Show of the Year 2010 – English
5. Best News Documentary of the Year 2010 – Hindi
6. Best News Documentary of the Year 2010 – English
7. News Videographer of the Year 2010 – Hindi
8. News Videographer of the Year 2010 – English
9. Business News Anchor of the Year 2010 - Hindi
10. Business News Anchor of the Year 2010 – English
11. Sports News Anchor of the Year 2010 - Hindi
12. Sports News Anchor of the Year 2010 – English
13. News Reporter of the Year 2010 – Hindi
14. News Reporter of the Year 2010 – English
15. News Show Host of the Year 2010 – Hindi
16. News Show Host of the Year 2010 – English
17. Best Promo of a Programme/ Channel 2010 – Hindi
18. Best Promo of a Programme/ Channel 2010 – English
19. Young Professional of the Year 2010 (Business)
20. Young Professional of the Year 2010 (Journalist)
21. News Television Editor-in-Chief of the Year 2010 – Hindi
22. News Television Editor-in-Chief of the Year 2010 – English
23. News Television CEO of the Year 2010
24. News Television Entrepreneur of the Year 2010
25. The Hall of Fame for Continuing Contribution to Industry (Professional)
26. The Hall of Fame for Continuing Contribution to Industry (Entrepreneur)
The EINBA was launched in 2008 by the exchange4media Group with an objective to honour television news professionals for their extraordinary contribution to the industry. The first edition had 13 categories and winners were chosen by an eminent jury panel comprising Tarun Tejpal (Jury Chairman), Prasoon Joshi, GVL Narasimha Rao, and Rahul Kansal, among others. The 13 awardees were given the trophies by the Chief Guest and the then Minister for Labour and Employment, Oscar Fernandes.
In its second year in 2009, the number of categories was expanded from 13 to 17. Separate awards were presented to professionals from English and Hindi channels in six out of the 17 categories.
Our typical marketing budget is usually 10 per cent of the topline spend