Top Story

e4m_logo.png

Home >> Media – Print >> Article

Times Group all set to launch Wall Street Journal, awaits Government nod

04-February-2005
Font Size   16
Share
Times Group all set to launch Wall Street Journal, awaits Government nod

The Times of India Group is awaiting formal permission from the Government to launch the Wall Street Journal in India. “The proposed Wall Street Journal publication in India will come out but the exact date depends on the formal clearance from the Government,” said R. Sundar, Director-Corporate, Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. (BCCL).

Sundar has also been designated as CEO of the joint venture between BCCL and Dow Jones, the parent company of Wall Street Journal. Veteran journalist Suman Dubey is the Editor.

According to the application submitted to the Government, which has been signed jointly by officials of Dow Jones and BCCL, the Indian partner will own a 74 per cent stake while Dow Jones will hold the remaining 26 per cent.

According to sources, the Wall Street Journal published in India is expected to be a 16-page issue, with two pages of Indian news. It would have an initial circulation primarily in Mumbai and Delhi and will be targeted at CEOs of company’s with business interests in the USA.

Tags

Our typical marketing budget is usually 10 per cent of the topline spend

There are some forces impacting the way our business works. The IT/ITeS sector has changed tremendously. Platforms like Twitter have made everyone journalists. Smartphones have made everyone a photographer. The trend that we are seeing is one of hyperdigitalization, which is causing the lines between product and services to blur. For example, <a href=http://www.exchange4media.com/company/news/amaz...

The OOH sector is among the fastest growing, globally. Brands and marketers have realized its potential and impact and begun to craft medium-specific adverts. Self-regulation is not only necessary but also essential to growth of the sector. The industry needs to exercise a certain level of this self-restraint to prove its commitment to maintaining the best standards in advertising.

<b>Clients are looking for experiential solutions beyond radio or print: Abraham Thomas, Radio City 91.1 FM</b><br><br> From entering new markets to launching large format events, Radio City 91.1FM has been on a roll. The radio channel recently announced the launch of India’s biggest singing talent hunt-Radio City Super Singer Season 8. Earlier this year, the channel set up its own creative-cum...

Under the watchful eye of Walt Disney, Bindass undergoes brand repackaging with a fresh new show ‘Dil Buffering’ simulcast across its linear and social media platforms on September 29 and will launch...

Apart from the mandate for the first project which is the Ashiana Town in Bhiwadi, Tomorrow and InterTwined will deliver brand solutions across film, print, radio, outdoor and activation besides provi...

Despite advertising picking up after a slow Q1, regional FM players still feel that the lingering effect of GST, RERA, demonetisation will still make its impact felt during the upcoming festive quarte...