Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Tehelka goes Hindi with Tehelka Samachar magazine

Tehelka goes Hindi with Tehelka Samachar magazine

Author | Pallavi Goorha | Monday, Oct 20,2008 9:08 AM

Tehelka goes Hindi with Tehelka Samachar magazine

In a bid to tap the huge Hindi speaking market, Tehelka has launched Tehelka Samachar magazine. The magazine has hit newsstands this month. A fortnightly, Tehelka Samachar is priced at Rs 20. The editorial team is led by Tarun Tejpal, Editor-in-Chief of, while Sanjay Dube is the Senior Editor for Tehelka Samachar. Dube was earlier with the Hindi website of Tehelka and does investigative reports.

Tehelka Samachar covers varied topics ranging from politics, culture, and art to Bollywood, cricket, etc.

On launching the magazine, Neena Tejpal, Executive VP, Tehelka, said, "We felt that the kind of work that we do caters to the masses in the huge Hindi speaking belt.

She further said, "The Hindi magazine is not a translation of Tehekla's English edition. Only 40 per cent of the content of the English edition is covered in the Hindi editionm while the remaining 60 per cent has been designed keeping in mind the Hindi speaking readers. We are catering to the Hindi speaking belt in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, and Rajasthan, among many other areas."

"The content strategy behind the magazine is that we want to do public interest stories that masses would be interested in reading. We had a soft launch through word of mouth," Neena Tejpal said, adding, "We are targeting a print run of 70,000 copies for the first issue. We will calibrate it as we move forward."

On the new magazine, Tarun Tejpal said, "After English Tehelka, there was a huge demand from Hindi readers. So, we decided to launch the Hindi magazine. The initial response has been good."

Tags: e4m

Write A Comment