Top Story

e4m_logo.png

Home >> Media – Print >> Article

'Rashtriya Hindi Daily' to launch five editions in Madhya Pradesh

29-October-2010
Font Size   16
Share
'Rashtriya Hindi Daily' to launch five editions in Madhya Pradesh

Madhya Pradesh newspaper market is seeing a slew of launches this month. A couple of days back, Hello Hindustan had announced the launch of a daily afternooner compact from Indore city. Now, daily newspaper, Rashtriya Hindi Daily, has revealed its expansion plans in the state. With back-to-back launches in Gwalior, Indore, Raipur, Jabalpur and Sagar, the newspaper is set to strengthen its footprint in the state.

Speaking on this development, Vijay Kumar Das, Editor, Rashtriya Hindi Daily, noted that group has plans to launch all five editions in Madhya Pradesh before January 26, 2011. “We are looking out for professionals who can maintain the credibility of the newspaper,” he said.

Speaking on the revenue model for the newspaper he stated, “We get only 20 per cent of our revenue from the advertisement however, the rest 80 per cent of the revenue comes from the subscription.”

To woo erudite female Hindi readers towards the newspaper, Rashtriya Hindi Daily has launched a women centric supplement ‘Top Mail’ also. This supplement is being distributed free of cost along with the daily newspaper. Presently, newspaper claims to have total circulation of 25,000 copies per day.

Earlier this year, the Madhya Pradesh newspaper market had seen quite a few interesting developments. To expand its wings in the Madhya Pradesh market, in the month of April this year, Patrika had launched its Gwalior edition. Patrika was already present with its editions in the key cities of Madhya Pradesh that included Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Ujjain and Ratlam.

Moreover, anticipating the increasing competition in the market, in a strategic move earlier this year, Dainik Bhaskar had reduced its cover price in Bhopal market to attract more readers. While, in another strategic move, Nai Dunia Media launched ‘Yuva’ in Bhopal this July.

The potential of the state for the newspaper industry is easy to gauge from the Q2 IRS results of this year. The readership of the newspapers in the state is growing at a robust pace, which reflects that there is still space for the newcomers. As per the IRS results this year, four among the top 10 dailies in Madhya Pradesh registered a double digit growth in AIR Q2 compared to the Q1 figures.

However, what strategies already established newspapers will adopt to fight against the newcomers and how advertisers and readers will respond to the newly launched publications, is something that will decide the future of the industry in the state. As of now, the positive sign is that that newspaper groups are all enthusiastic to make the best of the latent markets in Madhya Pradesh.
 

Baba Ramdev brought his sharp wits for an interview with e4m where he promised to disrupt more markets and spoke about he the way he created a brand through consistent and selfless work

GroupM is in talks with several digital clients currently with its other agencies to shift them to Essence, which is looking at a major expansion plan in 2018

Thomas, Chief Marketing Officer, Diageo India, gives us a peek into the marketing strategy for McDowell’s No 1 Soda, its creation of ‘No 1 Yaari Jam,’ their own set of 4Ps and importance of content

NewsCode, a hyper local online news platform was launched last night with a network of over 350 local reporters in Karnataka and Jharkhand. Apurv Swarup, the co-founder talked to Exchange4Media about his vision

Voot, which is producing almost 4X content on an overall basis on the reality drama, is gunning for big numbers both on viewership and advertising revenue

YouTube today released its annual year-end edition of the YouTube Ads Leaderboard 2017 capturing the most celebrated ads that received maximum views, shares, and love from audiences across India

Real world study of Appier's network shows significant benefits of AI over traditional rule-based systems