-->
Pathfinder Publishing’s maiden title ‘Career’s 360’ to hit newsstands on April 4

Pathfinder Publishing’s maiden title ‘Career’s 360’ to hit newsstands on April 4

Author | Puneet Bedi Bahri | Thursday, Apr 02,2009 8:54 AM

A+
AA
A-
Pathfinder Publishing’s maiden title ‘Career’s 360’ to hit newsstands on April 4

Pathfinder Publishing, the print venture of Maheshwar Peri, Publisher, Outlook, is set to launch its first title, ‘Career’s 360’, on April 4, 2009. Priced at Rs 40, ‘Career’s 360’ is a monthly and is targeting a circulation of close to one lakh copies. The magazine will be made available at nearly 8,000 outlets across the country. ‘Career’s 360’ is a 100-paged magazine with 80-85 pages of editorial content.

Peri owns a 90 per cent stake in Pathfinder Publishing, while the remaining 10 per cent is held by Rajesh Jain, one of the country’s best-known Internet entrepreneurs and founder of Mumbai-based Netcore Solutions Pvt Ltd.

Mahesh Sharma, who has been a teacher and a research scholar at Delhi’s Jawaharlal Nehru University, is the Editor of the magazine.

The magazine will be catering to a broad age group of 17-35 years. “‘Career’s 360’ is meant to handroll a set of people and take them to the next level of their career paths. We will provide guidance to people on how to achieve the next step in their careers,” Peri said.

On why he chose a magazine on career and education, Peri explained, “One needs to do something that can have a direct effect on people’s lives, and there is a need for it in the market. If I can influence one lakh people to change their paths and chose the right paths and can be a guide for those people over the next 10 years, I have achieved what I’ve wanted to.”

Elaborating on the magazine’s content, Peri said, “The magazine is a ready reckoner for a person who is looking for options to take them to the next level, but are unable to find it at one single place. It has campus reviews, extra courses, part time jobs; the content will have information for a graduate, post graduate, and professional, among others. Most of the people who fail, it is not because they are not intelligent, but because they have chosen the wrong path. This magazine will help people chose the right path.”

Defending his decision to launch the new venture amid an economic slowdown, Peri said, “This venture is slightly recession proof, not completely though. All this happened much after I had begun work on the launch of this magazine. There is a research that says that in times of lay-offs, people tend to rescale themselves more. So, taking a break and going to rescale will not show a gap in the resume, plus it will upgrade their educational qualifications. I think it is an apt time to come out with this kind of a magazine – it’s a bad time and also a good time in a certain sense.”

The magazine will be distributed, marketed and sold by the Outlook Group.

Tags: e4m

Write A Comment

Hide