Maheshwar Peri’s Pathfinder Publications to launch first title ‘Career’s 360’ in April

Maheshwar Peri’s Pathfinder Publications to launch first title ‘Career’s 360’ in April

Author | Puneet Bedi Bahri | Monday, Feb 16,2009 7:06 AM

A+
AA
A-
Maheshwar Peri’s Pathfinder Publications to launch first title ‘Career’s 360’ in April

Maheshwar Peri, Publisher of Outlook magazine and President, Outlook Publishing India Pvt Ltd, is launching the first title from his own publishing venture, Pathfinder Publishing Pvt Ltd. The magazine, titled ‘Career’s 360’, is set to be launched between April 2 and April 6. Priced at Rs 40, the magazine would be a monthly. The magazine would be launched pan-India with a circulation of close to one lakh copies at nearly 8,000 outlets. ‘Career’s 360’ would be a 100-paged magazine with 80-85 pages of editorial content.

Peri owns 90 per cent stake in Pathfinder Publishing, while the remaining 10 per cent is held by Rajesh Jain, one of the country’s best-known Internet entrepreneurs and founder of Mumbai-based Netcore Solutions Pvt Ltd.

On why he chose a magazine on career and education, Peri explained, “One needs to do something that can have a direct effect on people’s lives, and there is a need for it in the market. If I can influence one lakh people to change their paths and chose the right paths, and can be a guide for those people over the next 10 years, I have achieved what I wanted to.”

Commenting on who the magazine would be targeting, Peri said, “The magazine will be catering to people in the 17-35 age group bracket, which is a bit broad. This magazine is meant to hand roll a set of people and take them to the next level of their career paths. We will give guide to people on how to achieve the next step in their careers.”

On his choice of editor, Peri said, “I wanted a person who understood the domain more and who could take out a list of options in career, hence I chose an academician, Mahesh Sharma, who was a teacher, a research scholar at JNU, and now he is an Editor.”

Elaborating on the magazine’s content, Peri said, “The magazine would be a ready reckoner for a person who is looking for options to take them to the next level, but are unable to find it at one single place. It will have campus reviews, extra courses, part time jobs; the content will have information for a graduate, post graduate, and professional, among others. Most of the people who fail, it is not because they are not intelligent, but because they have chosen the wrong path. This magazine will help people chose the right path.”

Defending his decision to launch the new venture amid an economic slowdown, Peri said, “This venture is slightly recession proof, not completely though. All this happened much after I had begun work on the launch of this magazine. There is a research that says that in times of lay-offs, people tend to rescale themselves more. So, taking a break and going to rescale will not show a gap in the resume, plus it will upgrade their educational qualifications. I think it is the apt time to come out with this kind of a magazine – it’s a bad time and also a good time in a certain sense.”

Asked if there was any competition in the market, Peri quipped, “The more powerful media only gets into powerful media, and this is a very boring subject for them, which I love, so I see no competition yet.”

The magazine will be distributed, marketed and sold by the Outlook Group.

Tags: e4m

Write A Comment