Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

colors

TODAY´S NEWS

India Today Group, Axel Springer join hands to launch ‘AUTO BILD’ in India on June 29

India Today Group, Axel Springer join hands to launch ‘AUTO BILD’ in India on June 29

Author | Puneet Bedi Bahri | Friday, Jun 27,2008 8:27 AM

A+
AA
A-
India Today Group, Axel Springer join hands to launch ‘AUTO BILD’ in India on June 29

The India Today Group and Axel Springer have come together under a joint venture, ITAS Media Pvt Ltd, to launch automobile magazine ‘AUTO BILD’ in India. The magazine will be hitting Delhi newsstands on June 29. The India Today Group will have 51 per cent stake in the JV, while Axel Springer will hold the remaining 49 per cent stake. The magazine would be launched by Aroon Purie, Chairman and Editor-in-Chief, India Today Group, and Ralph Buchi, President, Axel Springer, International.

Priced at Rs 40, ‘AUTO BILD’ will be available in top cities across India. The editorial team would be led by Yogendra Pratap as the Editor.

‘AUTO BILD’ is one of the world’s largest selling automobile magazines with a worldwide circulation of over 5 million copies per month across 32 countries. The Indian edition of ‘AUTO BILD’ will be the magazine’s 33rd edition. Being India’s only fortnightly car magazine, ‘AUTO BILD’ India aims at encouraging and informing automobile enthusiasts while covering real life problems, issues and concerns they encountered.

Commenting on the launch, Purie said, “Being the largest media group in the country, we have always aimed to cater to the interests of our readers and provide them with content which is informative, educative as well as entertaining. We are confident that our association with Axel Springer to introduce India’s first fortnightly auto magazine ‘AUTO BILD’ will not only satisfy the needs of an avid auto lover, but will also be a source of reliable and expert advice.”

Ralph Buchi said, “We are very pleased to be associated with the India Today Group. AUTO BILD’s first edition was launched in 1986 in Germany and it was a revolutionising move in itself. We hope that our venture in India will also add a new dimension to auto magazines. The content of the magazine is designed to appeal to readers of all age groups, especially modern day car owners as well as future car owners.”

Some of the exclusive features that will bring forth the exclusivity and uniqueness of ‘AUTO BILD’ India include: news and scoops and car previews with up-to-date information, road tests offering opinions on latest cars, buying advice, motor sports and motor shows.

Unlike other existing automobile magazines, ‘AUTO BILD’ India will have a practical approach, advice on daily life, objective tests and high entertainment for its readers and will be unique in style and approach.

Established by the publisher of the same name in 1946, today Axel Springer is Germany’s largest newspaper and third-largest magazine publisher as well as one of the leading European media enterprises.

Tags: e4m

Write A Comment