Ch. Kiron, Managing Director of Ushodaya Enterprises Pvt Ltd, publishers of Telugu daily Eenadu, was unanimously elected as Chairman of Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for the year 2008-09. Kiron has been a member of the Council of Management since January 2000 and has been Deputy Chairman of ABC for the year 2007-08.
Kiron is involved both in print media and television (Eenadu Television Network) with a bouquet of 12 regional languages. The Group’s other business interests are in the field of hotel and tourism, film production and distribution, food processing and financial services. Ramoji Film City, the world’s largest film infrastructure facility is also owned by the Group company in which Kiron is a Director.
Subroto Chattopadhyay, President & CEO, Entertainment Sector, RPG Enterprises, an advertiser member on the Council was unanimously elected as Deputy Chairman of the Bureau. Amit Mathew, representing ‘Bhashaposhini’, Malayala Manorama Co Ltd, Kottayam, was elected as publishers’ representative on the Bureau’s Council of Management.
Members of the ABC’s Council of Management for the year 2008-09 include:
1. Ch. Kiron, Ushodaya Enterprises Pvt Ltd – Chairman
2. Vijay Darda, Lokmat Newspapers Pvt. Ltd.
3. Ravi Dhariwal, Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.
4. T. Venkattram Reddy, Deccan Chronicle Holdings Ltd.
5. Shailesh Gupta, Jagran Prakashan Ltd.
6. Amitabha Datta, ABP Pvt. Ltd.
7. M. Venkatesh, HT Media Ltd
8. Amit Mathew, Malayala Manorama Co. Ltd.
Advertising Agencies Representatives
1. Anil Kapoor, DraftFCB Ulka
2. Shashidhar Sinha, Universal McCann Erickson – Hony. Secretary
3. Sam Balsara, Madison Communications – Hony. Treasurer
4. Madhukar Kamath, Mudra Communications
1. Subroto Chattopadhyay, RPG Enterprises – Deputy Chairman
2. Romit Chaterji, Tata Services Ltd.
3. Paulomi Dhawan, Raymond Ltd.
4. SM Ahmad, I.T.C. Ltd
1. Hormuzd Masani – Secretary General
2. Shailesh Sheth – Secretary