Vijay Jawaharlal Darda, Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) and Chairman & Managing Director of Lokmat Group of Newspapers, was unanimously elected as Chairman of Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for the year 2010-11. The elections were held at the Bureau’s Council of Management meeting held on September 17, 2010.
Darda has been a member of the Bureau’s Council of Management since the year 2003 and was the Deputy Chairman of the Bureau for the year 2009-10.
Sam Balsara, Chairman & Managing Director of Madison Communications, an Advertising Agency Member on the Council, was unanimously elected as Deputy Chairman of the Bureau for the year 2010-11.
Members on the Bureau’s Council of Management are as follows:
1. Mr. Vijay Darda, Lokmat Newspapers Pvt. Ltd. – Chairman
2. Mr. Ravi Dhariwal, Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.
3. Mr. T. Venkattram Reddy, Deccan Chronicle Holdings Ltd.
4. Mr. Shailesh Gupta, Jagran Prakashan Ltd.
5. Mr. M. Venkatesh, Hindustan Media Ventures Ltd.
6. Mr. Amit Mathew, Malayala Manorama Co. Ltd.
7. Mr. Aritra Sarkar, ABP Pvt. Ltd.
8. Mr. I. Venkat, Ushodaya Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising Agencies Representatives
1. Mr. Sam Balsara, Madison Communications Pvt. Ltd. – Dy. Chairman
2. Mr. Shashidhar Sinha, Lodestar UM – Hony. Secretary
3. Mr. Madhukar Kamath, Mudra Communications Pvt. Ltd. – Hony. Treasurer
4. Mr. Vikram Sakhuja, GroupM Media India Pvt. Ltd.
1. Mr. Subroto Chattopadhyay, The Peninsula Foundation
2. Ms. Paulomi Dhawan, Raymond Ltd.
3. Mr. S.M. Ahmad, ITC Ltd.
4. Mr. Ravi Pisharody, Tata Motors Ltd.
Mr. Hormuzd Masani – Secretary General