Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

TODAY´S NEWS

Avijit Dutt quits Adcon to join Haier Mobiles as Marketing Head for Asia Pacific

Avijit Dutt quits Adcon to join Haier Mobiles as Marketing Head for Asia Pacific

Author | Pallavi Goorha | Tuesday, Nov 21,2006 8:40 AM

A+
AA
A-
Avijit Dutt quits Adcon to join Haier Mobiles as Marketing Head for Asia Pacific

Avijit Dutt has quit Adcon, a creative and media agency owned by Arindam Choudhary, Head of Indian Institute of Planning and Management, and has joined Haier Mobiles as Head of Marketing, Asia Pacific. He will be based in Delhi and would handle the advertising, PR and marketing communication activities of the company.

Dutt was CEO and Creative Director at Adcon for about five months, where he had held a 15 per cent stake in the company, while Choudhary held the remaining 85 per cent. Following Dutt’s departure, Choudhary has complete control of the agency.

Commenting on his new assignment, Dutt said, “Haier Mobiles has a very interesting product mix. We are working in all parts of the globe like India, Australia, Mauritius, and Indonesia. Now the company is expanding to Nepal and Pakistan. It is an opportunity to work in a far bigger format and India itself is so diverse and I am really looking forward to this opportunity.”

“Our vision is to make Haier Mobiles among top three players by the end of 2007,” he added.

Dutt has previously worked with IB&W as COO for three years. He was also the Creative Director at Lintas for three years. In between he took a break from advertising to venture into film making for five years. He has also worked with O&M as Head of Copy and Clarion as Group Creative Head. He has 25 years of experience in advertising.

Meanwhile, two senior hands have also left Adcon with Avijit Dutt to join Haier Mobiles. They are Ravi Perti, who was Accounts Servicing Director at Adcon. Perti has joined Haier Mobiles as GM Marketing. He has earlier worked with Dutt at IB&W. The other person to quit Adcon is Jayant Mistry, who has joined Haier Mobiles as Art Director. Mistry was an Art Director at Adcon too. He had also worked as an Art Director at IB&W.

Tags: e4m

Write A Comment