Top Story

e4m_logo.png

Home >> Out-of-home >> Article

PVR forms JV with Thailand’s Major Cineplex Group to develop lifestyle entertainment concepts

13-February-2008
Font Size   16
PVR forms JV with Thailand’s Major Cineplex Group to develop lifestyle entertainment concepts

PVR Ltd and Major Cineplex Group of Thailand have signed a 51:49 joint venture pact to bring lifestyle entertainment concepts to Indian consumers. The joint venture would set up bowling alleys, karaoke centers, ice skating rinks and gaming zones across the country, providing advertisers with another outdoor platform to promote brands. The JV was signed in Bangkok on February 12 between Vicha Poolvaraluck, Chairman and MD, Major Cineplex Group Ltd, and Ajay Bijli, CMD, PVR Ltd.

Commenting on the association, Bijli said, “This is another step towards our continuous efforts to evolve PVR from a film entertainment company to a retail entertainment player with a focus on enhancing the out-of-home entertainment experience for our patrons.”

“We aim to provide world-class lifestyle entertainment concepts to Indian consumers, tapping on the changing consumer preference patterns owing to increased exposure to global standards. PVR Blu-o will bridge the gap of higher aspirations vis-à-vis lack of organised OOH entertainment experience in India, which will provide a further fillip to leisure related activities,” Bijli further said.

PVR Blu-o intends to set up bowling alleys, karaoke centers, ice skating rinks and gaming zones in and around its multiplexes to complete the OOH experience for Indian consumers.

PVR had earlier signed an MOU with Lite Bite Concepts (P) Ltd to set up food courts across the country. With its entire basket of retail entertainment options, the company is now uniquely positioned as a one-stop shop for offering retail entertainment concepts to various mall developers across the country.

Speaking on the partnership, Poolvaraluck said, “The purpose of setting up this new joint venture company is to advance the bowling business in India. PVR will have a 51 per cent stake in the JV, with Major Cineplex Group holding the remaining 49 per cent stake.”

Tags

Kranti Gada joined the family business at Shemaroo in 2006 after a successful stint of over two years in marketing at Pepsi Co. She has been associated with the company for 12 years.

Exchange4media interacted with Jaspreet Chandok, Vice President and Head (Fashion) , IMG Reliance Pvt. Ltd on seamless brands integrations planned for Lakme Fashion Week, walking tall despite blazing trails like GST, demonetization and being a part of the larger cultural space

Their strategy to educate the consumers to make well informed decisions at all stages has worked out well.

Bobby Pawar, MD, CCO - South Asia, Publicis India, talks about his idea of chilling out

Launches third phase of TVC campaign ‘Think it. Done’

Based in Mumbai, Usha has nearly two decades of experience in the Indian media and entertainment sector and will serve as a strategic advisor to H+K’s diverse portfolio of clients with a special empha...

Report based on media channel data in 96 countries and detailed findings from the world‘s key ad markets, which between them account for approximately two-thirds of the value of global advertising tra...