The Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) has invited offers from interested parties for fixing, erecting and maintaining of hoardings and display boards at Kempegowda, RPC layout, Malleshwaram, Yelhanka 5th phase bus stations and Subhashnagar bus depot in lieu of advertisement rights.
The places proposed by BMTC for these media formats along with earnest money deposit (EMD) and monthly reserve price are as follows:
• KBS package-1 (display/sign boards): EMD required is Rs 658,698 and monthly reserve price is Rs 219,566
• KBS package-2 (hoardings): EMD required is Rs 124,344 and monthly reserve price is Rs 41,448
• Malleshwaram Bus Station package-3: EMD required is Rs 195,637 and monthly reserve price is Rs 65,212
• Subhashnagar Bus Depot Package-4: EMD required is Rs 413,718 and monthly reserve price is Rs 137,906
• RPC layout bus station Package-5 (hoardings): EMD required is Rs 9,582 and monthly reserve price is Rs 3,194
• Yelahanka 5th Phase Package-6 (hoardings): EMD required is Rs 9,000 and monthly reserve price is Rs 3000
As per the tender notice, the successful bidder shall have to pay an interest free security deposit of an amount equivalent to six times the monthly license fee offered. This deposit shall be refunded after the successful completion of the license period post the adjustment of dues payable (if any) to BMTC.
Additionally, the successful bidder will have to pay six months’ license fee in advance along with applicable service tax. This payment should be made through demand draft only. If the payment is not made, BMTC shall have the right to remove all displays, adjust the dues from the security deposit and terminate the contract.
The license fee shall be subject to an enhancement of 10 per cent for the second year and a further 10 per cent for the third year of the contract.
The successful bidder shall be required to display the advertisements without causing obstructions to smooth movement of buses and commuters. The licensee and shall also take care of the aesthetic appeal and ensure that the beauty of the locations are not spoilt.
The selected bidder shall be obligated to display advertisements in Kannada language also.
The tender forms duly completed in all respect will have to be submitted latest by 3 pm on July 7, 2010, and the tenders will be opened on July 9, 2010 at 3.30 pm.