Top Story


Home >> Media - Others >> Article

Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai scores high with audience; Physical research across 7 cities throws up some interesting numbers

Font Size   16
Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai scores high with audience; Physical research across 7 cities throws up some interesting numbers

Nawal Ahuja

The show started with a bang and picked up steam as it went on. Laloo Yadav possibly was the flash point when viewers flocked to the channel. A commissioned research carried out by exchange4media for Zee TV across 7 cities to judge the viewer ship and response to the show threw up some interesting statistics.

The research was done on 26th April between 9:10 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., the day Laloo Episode was telecast on Zee TV. The methodology was simple a sample of 650 people (Details on sample size for each city at the bottom) belonging to Sec ABC was takes across the seven (Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkatta, Pune, Lucknow, Kanpur and Ludhiana) cities to gauge the response to the show. The target audience chosen for the research was 15+ yrs, Sec ABC. A simple questionnaire was administered to the respondents through telephone and though physical contact and the results are as follows.

Amongst the sample a total of 45% were found watching the show across all seven cities. The incidence of viewer ship was highest in Lucknow (72%) with Ludhiana and Kanpur being second at 53% each. Other major centers had a varying pattern with Delhi registering a viewer ship of 52% followed by Kolkatta at 43%. The western region though had a lesser amount of viewers for the show with both Mumbai and Pune registering 24% each.

The show was found to be most popular amongst the age group of 25+ yrs with close to 60% of the viewers coming from the 25-40 Yr age group.

Apart form the Laloo Yadav episode the research also had questions on the earlier episodes watched by the audience. 37% of the total respondents were found to have watched any one of the earlier shows with high regular viewer ship visible in the UP belt. Delhi recorded low on other episodes with only 11% of the respondents confessing to have watched any of the previous shows.

Surfing has becomes a way of life for audience today with so many options available at any point of time. Amongst the audience only 27% of the total were dedicated viewers of the show with high-dedicated viewing visible in Pune (50%), Kolkatta (45%) and Ludhiana (39%). Delhi and Mumbai recorded the lowest level of dedicated viewing at 13% and 17% respectively. On an average amongst the 650 respondents 27% were dedicated viewers of the show where as the rest 73% were surfing across various channels. (Click here for complete results)

Amongst the celebrities who have featured on the show so far the Male celebrities were found to be more popular than females. Out of the respondents who had watched previous shows Sanjay Dutt was most popular with 60% of the audience, voting that as the best who followed by Shah Rukh Khan at number 2 with 56%.

What is also interesting to note is that the surfing population was divided amongst other main entertainment channels.

Out of the total viewers watching other channels, 27% were hooked on to Star whereas Sony garnered an audience of 21%. The rest was divided amongst other channels.

Sample size for each city:

1. Delhi: 150 2. Mumbai: 150 3. Kolkatta: 100 4. Pune: 50 5. Lucknow: 100 6. Kanpur: 50 7. Ludhiana: 50


Karthik Raman, Chief Marketing Officer, IDBI Federal Life Insurance, on the brand’s unconventional approach to marketing and priorities for the next year

Vinik Karnik, Business Head - ESP Properties, talked about what went into conceptualising the first edition of the entertainment marketing report, Showbiz

Rahul Jhamb, Brand Head, Forever 21, on how the fast fashion brand always stays on the pulse of latest marketing trends

Heavy spends on OOH and print sum up this year’s ad spends of YLG Salon

Conceptualised and executed by WATConsult, the campaign focuses on how Lotus Make-up is an enabler for women from various walks of life

iProspect released the third annual 2018 Future Focus Whitepaper geared to examine how machines and technology will impact marketing and advertising in the year ahead

Mavcomm Consulting one of India’s leading Public Relations, Reputation Management& Brand Communications company today announced elevation of Pranjal Dutta to the role of CEO