Top Story

e4m_logo.png

Home >> Marketing >> Article

Pizza Hut goes on expansion spree, now in 32 cities with 127 restaurants

03-December-2005
Font Size   16
Share
Pizza Hut goes on expansion spree, now in 32 cities with 127 restaurants

Pizza Hut, a brand of Yum! Restaurants International, is riding a high as it closes its financial year with 127 restaurants across the country. It opened 19 outlets in November alone, to scale up its presence to 32 cities. This scales up its presence to 32 cities, including Kanpur, Mysore, Hubli, Mangalore, Vapi and Indore.

Sharing his thoughts on the roadmap for 2006, Arvind Mediratta, Chief Marketing Officer, Yum! Restaurants International, said, “With an addition of 35 restaurants this financial year, the brand is growing at a rate of about 45 per cent in terms of restaurant expansion. 2006 will see the brand scaling new heights with the addition of 35 restaurants, taking the total to 162.”

“The focus will be on consolidating our position in the metros and escalating our presence in the Tier II cities. Moreover, we will continue to delight our customers with the launch of an array of great tasting new products in the new financial year,” he added.

Pizza Hut is the world’s largest pizza chain with a market share of approximately 50 per cent in the branded pizza category. In India, it has clocked an annual growth of 40 per cent. Currently, dine-in constitutes a major part of the brand’s business at 60 per cent, while home delivery constitutes the remaining 40 per cent of its sales.

Tags

Aparna Bhosle, Business Cluster Head - Premium & FTA GEC channels - ‎ZEEL, on its new property, sponsors, investment on acquisition and response to BBC First

In an interview with exchange4media, Ferzad Palia says that most successful brands are not those who spend the most money

As Milind Pathak takes over as Managing Director - Southeast Asia, Httpool, we chat with him on his new role, aspirations and his plans to aggressively penetrate the operations of the group in the Southeast Asian market

The group released the Little Hearts online-only campaign, #BreakSomeHearts, early this year and is on the path to make many more of its brands available on the digital platform

As Milind Pathak takes over as Managing Director - Southeast Asia, Httpool, we chat with him on his new role, aspirations and his plans to aggressively penetrate the operations of the group in the Sou...

The group released the Little Hearts online-only campaign, #BreakSomeHearts, early this year and is on the path to make many more of its brands available on the digital platform

Aroon Purie, the India Today Group Chairman and Editor-in-Chief today appointed his daughter Kallie Purie as the Vice Chairperson of the group