Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad (MICA) has launched a unique market intelligence product, called MICA Indian Marketing Intelligence (MIMI). MIMI seeks to assist businesses in making sound and strategic marketing and business decisions in India.
Dr Vina Vani, Dr Shailesh Yagnik and Dr Rohit Trivedi are the thought leaders behind MIMI.
Built around a unique data-fusion algorithm developed by the professors and researchers of MICA, MIMI fuses the variety of structured information, compiled from authentic sources, to provide a composite, granular market view. It also provides Market Potential Index (MPI) and other data separately for rural, urban and total Indian market for more than 630 districts, hitherto not provided by any other similar product.
Main sources of data utilised by MIMI are:
• The Census of India – 2011
• Planning Commission (Government of India)
• Ministry of Agriculture
- Department of Agriculture and Cooperation
- Agricultural Marketing Information System Network
- National Horticulture Mission
• Live Stock – Department of Animal Husbandry (2007)
• Reserve Bank of India (2009)
• Fertilizer Association of India (2009-2010)
• Audit Bureau of Circulations (January-June 2010-2011)
• National Sample Survey Office (2009-2010)
• Bureau of Economics and Statistics of States and UTs
MIMI can be used by strategic decision makers to make informed marketing decision in various industry sectors Advertising, Manufacturing, FMCG, Durables, Banking and Finance, Food Products, Automobiles, Pharmaceuticals, Travel and Hospitality, Telecommunication, Agriculture & Agri-processing, Clothing & Textiles, Retail, Packaging, Delivery Services/Logistics, ICT-Information& Communication Technology, Environment & Waste, Transportation, Diamond, Gems and Jewellery, Gas Distribution, Oil & Gas, Power Generation & Distribution, and so on.