Ajit Varghese, CEO, Maxus Asia Pacific, has announced the launch of Marketing Command Centre ‘MESH’ by Maxus in partnership with Vocanic. “Maxus MESH is a dialogue engine, which runs on the VSocial platform that reads environmental signals in real-time and attempts to keep clients one step ahead of the curve.
Ajit Varghese said, “Since the beginning, marketing has always started with understanding people. And as practitioners in marketing, there’s no better source for understanding people than social. Maxus MESH is an initiative that underlines our belief of making Social central to our business as we lean into this changing environment.”
“Maxus MESH is based upon the core philosophy that technology underpinned by people and driven by process can drive exponential business growth for our clients. This will not only help Maxus represent the consumer voice to marketers better, but also develop communication plans with richer insights, meaningful content and lead it into more conversations/ conversions,” he added.
Martin Shaw, Maxus APAC digital head, said, “For us, it is critical to put the consumer at the center. And once we truly understand her, we are then able to develop communications that are smarter, more relevant and that cuts to the heart of her needs. Maxus has collaborated with Vocanic, GroupM’s in-house social media agency to build 9 robust MESH installations in our Philippines, India, Australia, Vietnam and Hong Kong offices. The scale of these installations will be astonishing. In each office, we will have 10 large HD screens powering numerous data sources ranging from brand social buzz, competitor tracking, social influencers, contextual, to owned and paid.”
Andy Radovic, Maxus Regional Digital Director Products and Services, said, “With the support of Vocanic, our teams will be trained up and will be able to fully operate MESH on behalf of all our clients. We will also be leveraging Vocanic’s proprietary technology VSocial to “power” all our social campaigns, community management and social CRM initiatives. The use of VSocial will make MESH more usable across our network. MESH is our answer for using social data to bridge the divide from the unknown to the known.”
Maxus MESH is aimed at getting better insights, to truly represent the consumers’ voice, to producing customized plans, to do better quality work for brands, and finally to create an even smarter culture.
MESH can help clients solve key business challenges around the five areas below:
1. 360 degree brand health tracking: Through MESH, Maxus will have a real-time pulse into what people are saying about our brand, who is saying it, how influential they are and how Maxus is tracking against our key competitors. This will provide Maxus a clear view into the health of a client’s brand and from this Maxus will be in a place to provide a set of tailored recommendations.
2. Content and asset marketing command centre: By having access to streams of real-time data while at the same time understanding how Maxus -owned platforms are performing, Maxus will be in a strong position to develop relevant content based on real-time trends happening in the market. Taking what Maxus learn around content performance from one channel and leveraging these successes within a new channel will be the key to clients’ success.
3. Proactive marketing based on real-time trends and conditions: The speed at which information travels now is unprecedented. Through access to numerous data sources in a “live” way, Maxus is able to intercept what trends are happening around brands and categories and be able to take action on these trends and conditions to create innovative ideas and campaigns that support clients’ mission.
4. Campaign planning and tracking across channels: At its basic level, MESH provides a platform to track all live client campaigns across markets, channels and objectives. A client wants to know at any given point in time how are their campaigns performing. Maxus will be able to provide these answers so they can measure and track campaign projections versus actual results.
5. Crisis management discovery, planning and execution: Having the technology and data in place to understand if a crisis is happening or about to happen for a particular brand is powerful. Through MESH, Maxus will be able to pick up on a crisis, alert clients and take action, whether it’s in developing real-time content, adjusting media spend and allocation or other actions.
Beyond its core functions, MESH is also scalable to take on the following areas listed below:
1. Once integrated with Maxus clients data and CRM systems, provide advanced audience segmentation abilities enabling us to create custom audiences, build look-a-like models and effectively manage a client’s CRM and loyalty programme
2. Through an analytics engine supported by people, it will be able to provide analytics and effectiveness recommendations based on what is happening with the data across our paid, owned and earned channels to support clients in real-time
3. Through MESH, Maxus will be able to integrate with other proprietary systems within Maxus and GroupM like Mtrigger to automatically “trigger” media spends based on certain objectives the company wishes to achieve
By definition, MESH is an interlaced structure or network of integrated material. Integration is the keyword here. It is the core of what MESH stands for and what Maxus thrives on as an agency.
MESH is integrated because planning teams leverage the data and insights from the platform to inform communications strategies that drive innovation and business results for clients. From a technology and structural perspective, MESH integrates numerous clients, audience and campaign data into a central repository where Maxus then visualises this data to extra informative insights, which finally integrates back into Maxus’ creative and media planning systems. So this process of “integration” can be seen throughout the entire process of what Maxus is trying to do with MESH.
Internally, MESH benefits Maxus by:
1. Enabling Maxus’ teams to be more efficient and productive through the use of always on data across all clients
2. Putting data at the center of our business allowing Maxus to take clients in new, interesting and innovative brand directions
3. Driving a culture of information and analytics where Maxus gets all teams in all offices used to the language of data