CouponDunia has released its report on the shopping trends using coupons in 2015. The study witnessed distinct shopping insights gathered from the e-commerce websites/ platforms on how consumers extensively used coupons to save money. The study on the buying behavior of consumers was conducted across India. Recent years have seen a remarkable transformation in the way India shops and trades. According to the report, the Indian e-commerce market is set to reach US$ 16.3 billion by the end of 2015. The couponing business achieved 13.5% of the total e-commerce audience of India.
Key highlights of the report
· 95% of buyers search for deals online & 75% among them search coupons via couponing portals
· Age group of 25 years to 34 years represented massive chunk of coupon audience.
· 62.9% growth in couponing with 7.6million unique users per month
· 64% male & 36% female shopped through coupons
· 60% buyers shopped using mobile & 40% buyers shopped via desktop
· 61% increase in Coupon users between the age group 45years-65years
· Mobile recharge and taxi aggregator Ola were the most searched terms.
· Renting a car is one of the emerging couponing category of 2016
After the boom of e-commerce industry, couponing business in India has gained traction from the consumers. According to the report, the scope of couponing business in India will continue to witness an upward trend as consumers are increasingly discovering the added value of using coupons to land a better deal.