Top Story

e4m_logo.png

Home >> Marketing >> Article

Audi, Porsche, BMW to go on overdrive in 2006

03-December-2005
Font Size   16
Share
Audi, Porsche, BMW to go on overdrive in 2006

Porsche entered the Indian market in October 2004.

India is going to see a slew of launches by top notch German car makers like Porsche, Audi and BMW next year. These companies hope to grow at least 35 per ce]nt in the country in 2006.

To start with, Porsche is planning to launch Cayman S and Carrera GT in 2006. Cayman, which will be launched in January, is a two-seater sports car, priced in the range of Rs 52 lakh to Rs 75 lakh. Carrera will be priced at Rs 1 crore upwards. These cars will sport engine output ranging between 240 BHP and 520 BHP.

Audi is all set to bring its A4 sedan, which will compete with the likes of C-Class and BMW 3-series. The 1800cc petrol and 2000cc diesel versions would be priced in the range of Rs 26 lakh-Rs 31 lakh. The company would launch its Q7 SUV in August, which would directly rival Porsche’s Cayenne and Mercedes-Benz M-Class.

BMW will come out with its new 3 series and a facelifted version of 7 series by the end of 2006. Mitsubishi will launch its premium SUV Montero in early 2006, which will be imported as a completely built unit (CBU) from the company's plant in Japan.

Porsche has sold around 150 cars in the country, of which 70 per cent have been Cayenne SUVs and the rest 30 per cent Boxsters and 911s. Of the 180 cars sold by BMW, 40 per cent have been in the 7 Series range and other 40 per cent from the 5 series stable and the remaining 20 per cent from X5 SUV.

Audi has sold 150 cars this year, the majority of them include the A6 range. It has also sold 10 A8s and five TT coupes. Rolls Royce has sold only one Phantom since its launch in April 2005. The Phantom is priced at Rs 3 crore upwards.

Tags

Our typical marketing budget is usually 10 per cent of the topline spend

There are some forces impacting the way our business works. The IT/ITeS sector has changed tremendously. Platforms like Twitter have made everyone journalists. Smartphones have made everyone a photographer. The trend that we are seeing is one of hyperdigitalization, which is causing the lines between product and services to blur. For example, <a href=http://www.exchange4media.com/company/news/amaz...

The OOH sector is among the fastest growing, globally. Brands and marketers have realized its potential and impact and begun to craft medium-specific adverts. Self-regulation is not only necessary but also essential to growth of the sector. The industry needs to exercise a certain level of this self-restraint to prove its commitment to maintaining the best standards in advertising.

<b>Clients are looking for experiential solutions beyond radio or print: Abraham Thomas, Radio City 91.1 FM</b><br><br> From entering new markets to launching large format events, Radio City 91.1FM has been on a roll. The radio channel recently announced the launch of India’s biggest singing talent hunt-Radio City Super Singer Season 8. Earlier this year, the channel set up its own creative-cum...

The interesting animated rap music video encapsulates Droom’s ecosystem tools and their role in facilitating second-hand automobile transactions

Perfumes are invisible and these new ads from Skinn create a story out of this

New campaign aims at first-time users by providing ‘first-night free’ – a first-ever offering by the brand on online hotels booking