Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

IRS2010Q3 IRS Q3 2010: Healthy growth for dailies in Bangalore, Vijay Karnataka maintains lead

IRS Q3 2010: Healthy growth for dailies in Bangalore, Vijay Karnataka maintains lead

Author | Nitin Pandey | Friday, Dec 10,2010 10:39 AM

A+
AA
A-
IRS Q3 2010: Healthy growth for dailies in Bangalore, Vijay Karnataka maintains lead

Newspapers in Bangalore have witnessed mostly positive growth as per the IRS Q3 2010 results. Nine of the top 12, including English and Kannada language dailies, have seen healthy growth in readership. English daily Bangalore Mirror has seen a massive double digit growth of 71 per cent in Average Issue Readership (AIR) as against the Q2 results.

Kannada daily Vijay Karnataka is the most read daily in Bangalore. With an AIR of 711,000, Vijay Karnataka has registered a growth of 6 per cent in readership. Another Kannada daily, Prajavani, has witnessed double digit growth of 10 per cent and has recorded an AIR of 670,000. Kannada Prabha, with an AIR of 168,000 has received a growth of 6 per cent. The paper is ranked fifth in the overall list. Udayavani has got an AIR of 113,000, up 16 per cent as against its Q2 figure of 97,000.

However, Sanjavani has seen a 5 per cent decline in AIR at 99,000 from 104,000 in the previous quarter. Samyukta Karnataka, on the other hand, has seen a growth of 3 per cent in readership at 40,000.

Among English dailies, The Times of India with an AIR of 350,000 is the most read English daily and the No.3 most read in the overall Bangalore list. The paper has recorded a 6 per cent growth in AIR.

Deccan Herald has received a growth of 7 per cent at 176,000. The paper is ranked fourth in the overall list.

Bangalore Mirror has seen a whopping 71 per cent rise in its AIR – from 62,000 in Q2 to 106,000 in this quarter. The paper is at No. 7 in the overall list.

On the other hand, Deccan Chronicle has witnessed a decline of 5 per cent and has registered an AIR of 96,000. The Hindu and The New Indian Express have received AIR of 38,000 and 37,000, respectively. While The Hindu has seen a 19 per cent drop in its AIR, The New Indian Express has clocked a 12 per cent growth.

[The mentioned readership figures are Average Issue Readership (AIR) figures, Total Readership (TR) may vary. After various discussions with advertisers and media buyers, as a policy exchange4media uses only AIR numbers.]

Write A Comment