Top Story

e4m_logo.png

Home >> International >> Article

Star restructuring Vijay TV

10-September-2001
Font Size   16
Share
Star restructuring Vijay TV

Star has embarked on a major re-structuring process to revamp Vijay TV, a Tamil regional channel in which Star had recently acquired majority control. As part of the restructuring, Star is “downsizing” the staff strength of Vijay TV and has terminated the services of 18 Vijay TV employees and transferred another 18 to Star’s sales team.

According to Vijay TV sources, the channel has revamped its existing programming after extensive market research and analysis. Samir Nair, executive vice-president (programming and marketing), Star India, along with Ajay Vidyasagar, general manager Vijay TV, are holding talks with producers in Chennai to finalise the nature of programming to take on the competition.

Star acquired 51 per cent stake in Vijay TV with UTV holding the remaining 49 per cent. Star will also be responsible for content, distribution, marketing and ad sales of Vijay TV and UTV would uplink the channel through its wholly owned subsidiary, Vijay TV Broadcasting.

Vijay TV is yet to reach break-even and commands around 12 per cent of the total estimated Rs 200 crore regional channel market.

Tags

Aparna Bhosle, Business Cluster Head - Premium & FTA GEC channels - ‎ZEEL, on its new property, sponsors, investment on acquisition and response to BBC First

In an interview with exchange4media, Ferzad Palia says that most successful brands are not those who spend the most money

As Milind Pathak takes over as Managing Director - Southeast Asia, Httpool, we chat with him on his new role, aspirations and his plans to aggressively penetrate the operations of the group in the Southeast Asian market

The group released the Little Hearts online-only campaign, #BreakSomeHearts, early this year and is on the path to make many more of its brands available on the digital platform

As Milind Pathak takes over as Managing Director - Southeast Asia, Httpool, we chat with him on his new role, aspirations and his plans to aggressively penetrate the operations of the group in the Sou...

The group released the Little Hearts online-only campaign, #BreakSomeHearts, early this year and is on the path to make many more of its brands available on the digital platform

Aroon Purie, the India Today Group Chairman and Editor-in-Chief today appointed his daughter Kallie Purie as the Vice Chairperson of the group