Top Story

e4m_logo.png

Home >> International >> Article

Global satellite major to pick 26% stake in Agrani

12-October-2001
Font Size   16
Share
Global satellite major to pick 26% stake in Agrani

A global satellite major is expected to pick 26 per cent stake in the Agrani Satellite Services Ltd. (ASSL). This comes close on the heels of French major Alcatel’s submission to Foreign Investment Promotional Board (FIPB) to pick up a 9.75-per cent stake in the project at a consideration of $15 million. The satellite major has also expressed intent for an alliance involving technical, commercial and operational cooperation in ASSL.

Alcatel Spacecom and Arianespace have made individual submissions to the FIPB for their investments in ASSL to the tune of $15 million (9.75 per cent) and $5 million (3.25 per cent) respectively for a combined 13 per cent stake in the Rs 1,1500-million satellite project.

These individual submissions are under the overall umbrella of up to 74 per cent FDI approved by FIPB on October 3. This follows the clearance given on September 21 by the Cabinet Committee for Economic Affairs and the ministry of commerce and industry for the proposed investment.

Alcatel is supplying the satellite, which will be delivered 19 months after financial closure. The satellite, with a life-span of 14 years, has 24 ‘C’ band and 14 ‘ku’ band transponders. The promoters expect the project to be cash positive at the start of the second year of operations.

The Agrani project was the first private Indian satellite to be notified by the government. With only Insat 3C and 3A being launched over the next two years, the capacity of Insat satellites in 2002 is estimated to be no more than 75 transponders.

Tags

The group released the Little Hearts online-only campaign, #BreakSomeHearts, early this year and is on the path to make many more of its brands available on the digital platform

As Milind Pathak takes over as Managing Director - Southeast Asia, Httpool, we chat with him on his new role, aspirations and his plans to aggressively penetrate the operations of the group in the Southeast Asian market

We speak to Punit Misra, CEO, ZEEL, Domestic Broadcast Business, on Zee TV’s new look, its aim and the shaping up of domestic business

This exercise will take the channel to the next level: Siju Prabhakaran, Cluster Head – South Business, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited

As Milind Pathak takes over as Managing Director - Southeast Asia, Httpool, we chat with him on his new role, aspirations and his plans to aggressively penetrate the operations of the group in the Sou...

Though business has picked up, the private FM industry expects festive ad spends to be subdued compared to 2016

Of the 116 upheld ads, the majority belonged to healthcare and education