Media Awards 2011
The objective of the Indian Digital Media Awards 2011 is to recognise, celebrate and encourage the work being done in the ever-growing advertising and marketing communications activity in the digital media space... specifically, internet, mobile, gaming, social media and the blogosphere.
CATEGORIES AND LIST OF AWARDS
1. Best Use of Online Banner Advertising (Single)
Most creative traditional banners including HTML, GIF and Flash formats. Only one banner to be sent in an entry.
2. Best Use of Online Banner Advertising (Campaign)
Most creative traditional banners including HTML, GIF and Flash formats. At most three banners to be sent as part of an entry.
3. Best Use of Online Banner Advertising in Rich Media
Page-takeovers, expandable ads, floating ads, sidekick ads and any other form of rich media.
4. Best Website/Microsite – Product
5. Best Website/Microsite – Service
6. Best Website/Microsite – Corporate
7. Best Website/Microsite –Public Service/Cause
8. Best Website/Microsite – Event
Most innovative and creative microsite created to promote a cause, event, brand or company
1. Best Use of Gaming as a tool for advertising Best gaming developed to promote brands, causes or a company. Includes best use of advertising within Mobile, Internet and computer games as well as games for platforms such as Xbox and Playstations.
2. Best Use of Email Marketing Includes all works that have been distributed via email. (Plain text, HTML and / email containing rich media elements)
3. Best Use of Viral Marketing Communication that have been specially developed to be distributed virally to a mass audience via the Internet. This may include films posted on YouTube and other social networking sites/ blogs/ microblogs.
4. Best Use of Mobile Advertising Using mobile as a medium to effectively communicate the brand message, engaging consumers
5. Best App Best 'app' developed for mobiles -- (Regular and smartphones, iPhone, Blackberry) and tablets for a brand/ company/ event/ cause.
6.Best use of Technology Best usage of new technologies like augmented reality, location services etc
1. Best Use of Social Networks – Product/Service/Corporate
2. Best Use of Social Networks - Public Service/Cause/Event Engaging consumers with innovative use of social media platforms like Facebook, Orkut, LinkedIn, My Space etc.
3. Best Use of Twitter Best engagement of consumers with innovative use of Twitter
4. Best use of Blogs The best engagement of consumers with innovative and effective use of weblogs.
D. SPECIAL AWARDS
1. Best Use of an Indian Language in Online Banner Advertising Works that communicate creatively and effectively, the brand message in Hindi/regional languages using the standard script of the language (Example: in the case of Hindi, Devanagri)
2. Best video creative made only for the internet/mobile media This is for a video creative for a product/service/cause/event that's played only on the internet/mobile medium. (in effect: a TVC that's not aired on TV, but only on Youtube etc)
3. Best Integrated Campaign – Corporate/Product/Service
4. Best Integrated Campaign – Public Service/Cause/Event
Best use of any three of the following: internet, mobile, other digital devices, social media, Twitter, email marketing, SMS marketing to promote a company, products/services, events and public service/cause/charity. This may or may not be in sync with non-digital media.
E.HALL OF FAME AWARDS
1. Best Digital and Social Media Advertiser The advertiser who has made the maximum, most effective and creative use of the digital and social medium in the year 2010. The winner will be decided by the Jury Chair on the basis of the number of awards won and body of work in the year. No entry to be sent for this award.
2. Digital and Social Media Agency of the Year The digital/ creative agency/ organisation that won the maximum awards at IDMA 2011. The winner will be decided on the basis of the number of points won by the agency (Gold: 10 points, Silver 5 points, Bronze 2 points; Best Integrated: Gold: 20 points, Silver: 12 points). No entry to be sent for this award.
3. IDMA Person of the Year A special award that recognises the excellence of an individual who has contributed immensely to the industry in 2010. No entry to be sent for this award.