Yahoo Mail has announced significant changes on desktop including a refreshed design, and a fast, reliable, and intuitive opt in experience.
The Mail interface is cleaner and easier to use, with many updates to the layout.
● Themes: Now users can personalise inbox by choosing from new colour themes. Each theme also comes with three different layout options.
● Less clutter: There is more space between important items, making it easy to view and decipher important information.
● Show your emotions: Express yourself using a new emoji set from Twitter’s open source offering, and with new stationery to make emails more stylish.
A Faster, More Organised Way to Find What You Need
● Photos and Documents Views: The new Photos and Documents views allow you to conveniently see all the attachments you’ve ever sent or received. When you want to look at a specific document, use our new side-by-side preview which allows you to view attachments and the email together.
● Fast and responsive interface: Every part of the interface is faster and more reliable, particularly for slower connections. The responsive design keeps the key elements of the interface in the right place.
● Better Search (Conversation and Preview pane): Now you’ll be able to view the search results page the same way you’ve specified in your “viewing email” settings. For example, if you use conversation mode, now the search results page will show results in conversation mode instead of in a flat message list. If you’ve selected your preview pane to display on the right, it won’t move when you’re in the search results page.
● Rich Preview: Hover over the image icon to view the photos, documents, etc., attached in an email.
Personalize Your Inbox, So It’s Tailored to your Preferences
● Simple and easy settings: Too often in apps the settings are an afterthought, making it hard to customize things just the way you like them. Now customizing Yahoo Mail is simple. As you change settings, the interface responds instantly, so you don’t have to guess, save or cancel your changes.
● Enjoy Yahoo Mail Pro: A few years ago Yahoo introduced Ad Free Mail, giving you the option to opt into a completely ad-free Mail experience with the purchase of a yearly subscription. Now, with Yahoo Mail Pro, a more cost-effective ad-free subscription plan that comes with priority customer support. Available now on both desktop and mobile.
● Choose the inbox that suits you best: If a user opted into the new Yahoo Mail experience and wants to switch back to classic desktop Mail, you can always go to Settings and select “switch to classic mail” at the bottom.
Accessible to All Users
Yahoo has incorporated full inbox access for NVDA and VoiceOver screen reader users, and provided options for light-sensitive and low-vision users, layouts for use with high magnification, and full keyboard navigation for alternative input devices.
The new desktop experience is available for global English-language users to opt into starting today, with additional languages to follow.